• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Internet is a big and imposing place

Sitting here on this introduction forum, it occurs to me that I have absolutely no idea how to talk about myself. So I'll just start with the basics, shall I?

I'm 24 years old, and I've been writing since I was six. I've always been so worried by criticism and failure that I haven't attempted much in the way of professional writing and publishing. So I'm looking for constructive criticism in addition to a place to show my work. Meeting like-minded people is a good thing too.

I do a lot with urban fantasy, historical fantasy, fairy tales, the paranormal etc. I used to love epic fantasy, but I'm sort of drifting away from that now. And I am a big fan of national novel writing month.

Agran Velion

Minstrel
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

And really Benjamin? Where could I find him? I need to procure some to get rid of the snakes around here.

Welcome Lillian, to the Scribes. The critique here is honest and always constructive, but be brave, because if you take the critique into account you know your work is only going to get better :).

Ghost

Inkling
The internet isn't so bad if you ignore 99.9998% of it.

I can relate to the anxiety about publishing and failure. Anyway, welcome to the forum, Lillian Crowe.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Welcome Lillian. I think a wise man once said: 'There is no bravery without fear.' So be afraid, just clench your jaw and face it.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Lillian, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!! I wish that you will find friendship and support here with us... Now that you have 5 posts, please visit the Showcase =)

ooh, fun things. Thanks everyone for the support! It's easy to tell myself to be brave and face it, but actual bravery is required to, you know, face stuff. But I'm optimistic.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Lillian! You sound a lot like me. ^^ Looking forward to seeing more of you around here. :)

Chilari

Staff
This is a nice corner of the internet. Or else. This forum has several outstanding moderators and a couple of explodey ones (where do you think Reaver got those explosive, heh? Muahahahaha), so we keep things quite nice here - and if people don't play nice there's always those explosions we can have fun with.

Seriously, though. Welcome. Don't be nervous, we don't bite. We're all in a similar position - trying to write something worth publishing and deep inside severely doubting it's even worth finishing. Just keep going, share, give and take critique if you want, or if not there are loads of threads discussing various aspects of writing already going or if there's something you want to ask that hasn't been asked already then feel free to create a new thread.