• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The legend of Rudraksha cover!

Pratik Mane

Acolyte
I've created this cover on my own in illustrator. Please give feedback.
The elephant has high significance throughout the story.
THE TALE OF EMPIRES 2_20180901173002166.jpg

Attachments

• THE TALE OF EMPIRES 2_20180901172647848.jpg
    THE TALE OF EMPIRES 2_20180901172647848.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 5

Laurence

Inkling
Cool! Liking the first best, especially if that background has some relevance to the story.

From a marketing perspective, you’ll need to make that text readable when thumbnail sized.

This doesn’t give much away. What genre is your story and kind of themes?

Pratik Mane

Acolyte
Cool! Liking the first best, especially if that background has some relevance to the story.

From a marketing perspective, you’ll need to make that text readable when thumbnail sized.

This doesn’t give much away. What genre is your story and kind of themes?
Thank you for suggestion regarding text size. My genre is fantasy. Story is based on ancient indian/Hindu setting. Story is completely independent. There's suspense and action.

EponasSong

Scribe
Since the background is so bright an busy, I would make the lines of the font, circle, and elephant thicker and not transparent. They tend to get a little lost in the background.

Laurence

Inkling
Sorry I never came back to you! So suspense and action. That should be shown in some sense or another. The title and elephant cover the Indian aspect to it nicely, but perhaps the elephant, or something around it, need to be moving.

To me, the texture says old while the pattern says modern. Was that intentional?

Remember, covers are more a marketing exercise than anything else. It's about getting your book into the hands of the people that will love it (ie suspense lovers), rate it well and pass it on to other people who love your sub-genre. As it stands, someone could pick up the book looking for an Indian romantic cyber-punk, be disappointed and not mention it further.