1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

The Philliam: The Inn of the Skies

Discussion in 'Second Hand: Chat RPG' started by Philip Overby, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

[​IMG]

THE PHILLIAM IN ITS HEYDAY...​

Owned by dwarven inventor genius Philliam Phlanderstone, the self-named "The Philliam," or the Inn of the Skies, is in need of repair. It hasn't flown in quite some time, but Philliam (the dwarf, not the ship, :) ) is hard at work to get the former airship of the Dwarven Armada going again. In the meantime, he's made his inn mobile, giving it tracks to roll across the wastelands to accommodate adventurers and wanderers alike.

This is the place to meet in between quests, to discuss what has happened along the road, to decide on new quests, to hear rumors, and to find bounties. Philliam's is the one-stop place for all your questing needs. And if you need weapons or armor, he might be able to swing you a discount with Reaver if you're lucky!

What to find at Philliam's

1. Talk about whatever you want! (game related)
    2. Hear rumors and clues that may help you on quests.
    3. Find bounty posts that can earn you extra money.
    4. Meet mercenaries and sell-swords to hire on for extra muscle.
    5. Vote as a party on quests you'd like to pursue.
    6. Unravel the forgotten history of Supernal
    7. Find love connections?

These are just some of things you'll find at Philliam's. Enjoy your stay!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

Alder: Airships aren't my area of expertise, but I know a little about them. What sorts of parts does it need? I might be able to find them in my travels.

3. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Well, Philliam is out looking for parts as we speak. Who knows when he'll be back. In the meantime, I may have a few odd jobs for you and some other brave adventurer types. Come back tomorrow and I'll see what I can think of that isn't too terribly dangerous.

4. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

I'll search for companions for the propeller quest. I'm melee-focused, and can soak damage better than I can take it, so I'd go well with a damage-dealing ranged fighter. (I'll probably try to strike up a conversation with Zarkal, or Aliius if he's in town. Anyone who wants to can try to talk to me.)

5. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

Philliam: "Ah, sorry, was out and about. Reaver tells me there's talk of finding me a fresh propeller? I'd be much obliged...Alder right? I hear there's been quite the influx of outsiders around Bent City recently. You could probably drum up support when people eventually wander in here. They always do. This big hunk of junk still catches eyes that's for sure.

It's been quiet here the past couple of days, but sit down and have a drink. Don't got much. You like wine? Found a cask buried in the sand out back. Desert elves must of breezed through here at one point.

In any case, if I can get this propeller, I may be one step closer to getting this baby moving again. And the quicker we can move, the sooner we can get away from here and find Quartz, my home beautiful home. At least what's left of it.

Yeah, Bent City's a real dump. But don't tell anyone I said that..."

6. Penpilot

Penpilot Staff Article Team

Aliius: Hey Alder. I hear you looking to put together a little expedition into Graspel for old Philliam. You get enough might for the fight, I'm in. You tank'em I'll spank'em and we all win. I hear there's plenty of props to be spread around for that propeller. I'll be around but don't leave too soon. I got my sights on a gal, and I don't want to rush things and take the shot too early. See you around.

7. Caged Maiden

Caged Maiden Staff Article Team

The tiny woman reached into her squirrel-head purse. "Don't let the fact that it took me twenty minutes to open the door fool you. What I lack in physical strength, I more than make up for in speed."

She reached into the bag, her whole arm disappearing into it, up to the elbow. "I'm not wearing this armor as a fashion statement, I'm the best scout for a hundred miles and have pulled through more than one narrow scrape. If anyone has need of my talents, or a little pixie luck, I'm your man... er, woman."

She drew out a coin and set it on the counter, using both hands. "I'll have a pint of whatever you're serving."

8. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

There was a shifting sound a few paces left of the pixie. A girl, almost invisible against the dark woods of the ship, pulled aside her hood. Even with her silver hair tumbling down her shoulders and cloak, it was difficult to see her entire figure. Somewhere under the depths of the cloak, she drew out a small water canteen. "Filled," she said, and added, "Please."

9. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

The twelve foot tall half giant examined the two customers for a moment and beamed brightly, his ice-like eyes shimmering in the well-lit tavern.
    "Certainly!" his voice boomed, as he took the dark elf's canteen and filled it to the brim with cool, clean water. He filled a large steel flagon with mead and slid it toward the hovering pixie.

"Here you are. Anything else I can get you?"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    Lady Reaver likes this.