• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Tongue of the Reig

So far, the Reig, a new race I decided to add into my series, has captured my attention recently. They are a last minute addition and I want to make sure that it is perfect, which means building them off of scraps.

The Reig are dragons that live deep within the Void. They protect it and build a prosperous world within it. (I based them off of Dovah, but I'm trying my best to move them away from Dovah, at least until later novels. I might write a fanfiction of Dovah vs. Reig.)

The Reig have the ability to force their desires onto the Realm they live in and make that world comply. Certain words of power allow this to take place. They call this Rahzul, God Tongue. The Semigonians, who came from the Reig, made Morfasal, Wyrm Speak, which is similar, but it is considered more magical. (take the Elven Language from Eragon. Morfasal is similar to that, while Rahzul is more Thu'um like) Morfasal actually uses similar words to Rahzul, but not entirely the same. It's because they took Rahzul and found another way to use the same power.

Finally, the Templarians, who came from Semigonians, have Kalfasel, Sky Tongue. Kalfasel uses a similar power to Rahzul, but with an entirely different language. It's because they tried to use Rahzul, but failed because they could not control the power of it. So they made an entirely new language that conveys the same ideas as Rahzul.

I need a little help on Rahzul, though. Kalfasel and Morfasal are easy to make once I know Rahzul. If I can get some help on the creation of the language, that would be greatly appreciated.

The grammar is similar to English, more to Dovahzul, except for the fact that no words are omitted in Rahzul as they are in Dovahzul. The words have conditions as well, regrettably.
  • The words must be in the same alphabet as Dovahzul
  • The words must sound like what they mean. Remember, they're ideas, not just words. (for example, "love", use soft letters and vowels; s, p, l, b, a, e, ect. "Hate", use hard letters and vowels; k, f, q, o, u, ect.)
  • The words must have the same syllable count as the translation.

I appreciate any help and I might make a lexicon-based website for it. (I already have to for many languages used in my books)

If you want, you can give suggestions or ideas or words to use.

Thanks a lot.