1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

The Winds of Ysgard - Part One

Discussion in 'Winds of Ysgard' started by Nimue, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

"Why make a special trip?" she replied. When she was ready, Addison said, "We'll see to ye bedroll now."

Addison made sure her shocker was in the disarmed position before offering it to Elannor. "Ye can hold it, just don't turn the hemispheres." In case the halfling would ask which way, she added, "At all. The lightnin' won't kill ye, but ye won't like the feeling'. So I hear."

Whether the halfling would hold the shocker or not, Addison said, "Let's get ye stuff and get some sleep."

2. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Elannor accepted the shocker, and began running her fingertips over it, pushing lightly for indentations or anything that felt different out of habit, but being very careful not to turn the hemispheres.

"The shocker's made o' star-metal, ain't it?" she asked, nearly positive she was right. "I ain't seen any o' that in quite a while."

She nearly put the shocker in her pouch out of habit, but caught herself and handed it back to Addison. "But I still wanna see it in action sometime."

Yawning, she said, "Yes, let's."

3. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

Loke climbed up onto the wagon, glancing over its contents.

"She moved my spear," he said, setting it to the side and shifting his mail over it. "It is impolite to touch the things of others."

And why run all the way out to the bushes just to relieve herself? Next she'd want a trench dug or a queen's fireplace provided.

He leapt down off the cart. "Well, since we are apparently throwing caution to the winds, I shall go and find myself some rest. I wish you all good night but if the newcomer, the bandit, or even Chrisania murder us all in our sleep, know that I will be very disappointed in the lot of you."

And with that he headed off to Snorri.

"There is a small person," he said, brushing the horse's side. "I know you like small people but this one is new and moved my spear without permission, so I don't want you trusting her."

Snorri snorted, pushing his head into Loke's side.

"Well I don't care what you think." He started removing his tent supplies and bedroll. "If she gets too close you are to neigh or whinny at her. There's a good boy."

Loke gave him a kiss on the muzzle, then took his things and began setting up. A shame he had not found time to bathe in the stream but such was the fickleness of travel.

4. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Addison meant passing the shocker as s gesture of trust. It would help Elannor, she thought.

She took back her device and confirmed, "It is star-metal. I used to work for a three-time wyvern-slayer. If ye don't know, few people live to earn the title, and most've slain only one. Wyverns're a rare kind o' beast. It helps to join up with a well-funded wyvern-slayer if ye mean to hunt one. Karl, me boss, got me an axe with a star-metal core and me shockers. I went and busted one a few days back!"

She helped Elannor gather her things (which may have been moved to the campfire), and said, "I'd love to know what brings ye this way, but it can wait'll mornin'."

Addison tried to make room on the tent without waking Chrissy. "This sleepin' beauty's Chrisania. She's friendly. I ain't known her much longer than I known you, but I don't expect the sight o' ye'll put her in a frenzy, should she wake first."

Addison set her trap far enough from the tent that, should a wild animal set it off, no one in the tent would get zapped.

5. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Elannor laid out her bedroll and pillow. "I mostly just been wanderin' 'bout," she said as she curled up on it. "But yeah, we can talk more about that in the m-"

And before she could finish her sentence, she was asleep.

6. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Elannor stirred. Although she was pretty sure she had been asleep for only a short while, somehow it felt like much longer. Or maybe traveling for so long without sleep had just really messed up her sense of time.

She glanced around, looking for Addison, or even this Chrisania she had mentioned. "Any'un awake?", she called in a whisper. "What time be it?"