• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Ophiucha

Auror
I love the series - the books and the previous games - so I am definitely excited. Geralt is a fun character, and I find the combat in these games are among the few series that really encourage tactical, mixed combat. In most games where you can use both a weapon and magic, I usually drift towards one or the other, but the Witcher always made the two seem like natural companions. All of the new features and the gorgeous looking graphics are a bonus, too.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm pumped for this one. So far Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV and Destiny are the games that will get me to buy a next-gen system eventually. I also love the books I've read so far (The Last Wish and Blood of Elves) and I'm looking forward to Time of Contempt as well. I'm actually probably the biggest proponent of Andrzej Sapkowski's fiction here at Mythic Scribes!

MFreako

Troubadour
The Witcher games are the best RPGs of the last decade in my opinion. And from what's been shown so far, I'm betting this one is going to be the best one yet.

As for the books, I tried reading Blood of Elves some time ago. Dropped it for some reason. Guess I'll have to give it another try. Should I start with this one, or with The Last Wish?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I liked The Last Wish better myself. I read it first. It's a collection of short stories that feature Geralt. I liked Blood of Elves as well, but it tends to focus on more of an ensemble cast.