• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Women of Thrones Hit the Panels at Comic-Con

SeverinR

Vala
On the topic of Margaery's motivations, Dormer pointed out that female characters are better served on TV than in film these days. "TV doesn't feel the need to polarize women so much. Male writers want an angel or a whore," she said, adding that with Margaery, those traits don't have to be mutually exclusive. "You can be human and be shrewd," she said. "Those are not two separate things."
I think on the surface or a 2d character(an extra) that is the basically the roles, with maybe a serving wench being in the middle somewhere.

Williams spoke of "staying true" to the Arya of the books by playing her left-handed. "It started as a giggle," she said, "and it's become more difficult, but I'm sticking with it." She revealed that her dedication has required re-choreographing scenes at times because sometimes the crew forgets she'll be playing the scene as a lefty.
Very hard to play comfortably a left handed role if you aren't left handed. Not only learning to fence, but fence with the left hand.

I think the last line is great. If Maisie took the quiz she would probably get Tyrion as the result. I can see some of each character in both.