• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The word acolytes makes me hungry

Hi, I am a newbie here and just dropped in to say hello. I'm also a new urban fantasy/new adult author and I am working on several books. Hechicero The Legend Begins is part one of the trilogy I'm writing, with parts two and three to be released in the fall of 2021. I am also writing a killer, self-help success book, some children's stories and finally a romantic poetry book.

As far as personal stuff, I have a weakness for snacking, and chocolate chip cookies are among my favorite victims, as well as all Mexican food! Now, to the reason I came here? I liked the name of the group, it felt comfy and when I saw the word acolytes, it drew my immediate and undivided attention, as for some strange reason it reminded me of some kind of delicious snack. Anyway, that’s about all for now, I’m about to have a plate of Pollo en Mole, its messy but yummy. Then I’m going to track me down some cookies and relax a bit.

Being a writer can be hard, and sometimes I wonder why I picked a career which involves so much self-torture. It many sound crazy, but I’m sure other writers will agree with me on the fact, that once someone who is destined to write falls in love with the pen and paper, it becomes really hard to stay away from the coffee, tea, cocoa, cookies, ad infinitum. And, if acolytes were food , chances are, we would probably eat them!