• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This is really inspiring. (In a twisted sort of way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeverinR

Vala
I always wonder after seeing a movie with a bad story/bad dialog/ etc.
This is the best they could write?
They actually paid for this? They thought this would make a great movie?
No one thought to make the story better while they were gathering up the props and arranging time to be on the set/location?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Haven't watched the video yet, but I recognize the title... Is this the movie about a cursed bed that eats people?

I always wonder after seeing a movie with a bad story/bad dialog/ etc.
This is the best they could write?
They actually paid for this? They thought this would make a great movie?

Quite possibly.

The novel I've come the closest to completing was something I was writing when I was, like, 13. At the time I was utterly convinced it would be a classic, or at least just as good as all the fantasy books I was reading back then.

Of course, in retrospect it was hilariously aweful, but I didn't have the perspective to see that. More to the point, I think a writer needs to suffer from at least a few delusions of grandure just to get passed that innitial stage when everything you write is horrible.

Also, my brother theorizes that the people with the most passion for storytelling need not necessarily be those with the most talent. I mean, Ed Wood created some of the worst movies of all time, but he did it because he really wanted to make movies.

Haven't watched the video yet, but I recognize the title... Is this the movie about a cursed bed that eats people?

Yes. Yes it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.