• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Thread Idea- Not Sure Where To Go

I came up with the idea for a thread where users could post ideas for stories that they've came up with but do not want to use, so that other users can be inspired by or use them. Problem is, I'm not sure where a thread of that sort would go. I'm also unsure of what people think of it, as there might be an issue about credit if someone manages to publish a story based off of an idea posted an all those details. I was suggested to make a post regarding it here.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I like the idea. To me it sounds like something that should be a sticky in Brainstorming and Planning.

Copyright issues are a pain in the rumpus, though. The normal answer is to make it clear in the thread that stories here are open for use. But people might not read that or forget it or change their mind. So I think it should be clear in the title, something like "Donated Story Ideas."

We'll see what other people say, but I think you should go ahead and start the thread, and see if anyone contributes.

A sticky for brainstorming and planning might be cool. It could sort of be like those random generators online. But instead of random generated stuff people would just post parts of ideas up if anyone wants to use them.

Lost and Found, would be a great name for the post.