1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Total War Warhammer

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord Hoffenburg of Hoffen, May 26, 2016.

1. So have any of you played this fantastic new adaption of the famous Warhammer TT series, its before GW ended the Old World which was still good, but I don't know why they ended it. It had a lot of potential. CA have put a lot of effort into this fantasy world. What do you guys think and have you played it?

Reaver likes this.
  2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

No but I love the WarHammer 40K books. Especially the Inquisitors.

3. Ah, I'm not into Warhammer 40k that much, that said, Warhammer is a great universe, and total war warhammer seems to be good.

4. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

So you had to buy the new one...
    GW [and every other company I guess] is like that. New rules [that don't exactly fit with the old ones] every few years. I gave up at v4 of WFB...

5. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

The old 'Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay' was a major inspiration for me, despite its flaws. Never did care for the magic system changes in the second edition. Liked the concept of 'careers' instead of AD&D 'character classes,' and I also liked the far more realistic nature of the combat system compared to AD&D. Those days, though, are decades behind me.

Local hobby shop does have weekly Warhammer tournaments.

6. Codey Amprim

Codey Amprim Staff Article Team

I've been wanting to get this game so badly,
    But my toaster of a PC probably wouldn't be able to run it.

The Ork campaign looks like it'll be a blast.

7. Stephyn Blackwood

Stephyn Blackwood Minstrel

If I'm completely honest, I haven't much enjoyed Greenskins so far.

Vampire Counts however is ubelievably fun. Who doesn't want to rip Empire Swordsmen apart with a huge bloody Terrorgheist??