• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tracking queries, and more and stuff

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I know there are services like Query Tracker, but I produce a completed story only once every *mumble* years, so that's overkill for me. But I do want to keep close tabs on my query submissions. The obvious choice is to use a spreadsheet, which works great for things like names and dates, but works less well for comments, notes, or any sort of information that doesn't quite fit into rows and columns.

Does anyone use another system? Evernote? Todoist? Something else?

Also, here are my data points. Is there something else should go on the list?
Agent
Agency
Publisher (some publishers accept direct submissions)
Date Sent
Estimated Date of Response (some agents will say to expect a response within N weeks)
Date of Response
Type of Response (yes, no, silence)

Finally, somewhat related to this, what about keeping track of contacts with artists and editors?
Also, what about tracking the progress of a self-pub through the publication process?
Also, what about charting the marketing of a self-pub?
In all these cases, what tools do you use and why did you choose them.

La Volpe

Sage
I used Sonar (from the creator of yWriter) for my short story submissions.

You sound like you're looking for something for novel submissions, but maybe it'll work for you.

emmarowene

Acolyte
I just use excel! If you browse through their different themes, there's sure to be a theme that's pre-made and easy enough to adjust to keep track of data points like that.

As for other criteria, I also keep a link to their website, just in case I need it!