• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tv and movie dates to look forward too:

Darkblade

Troubadour
Les Misérables - Not really fantasy but a nice period piece.
Dec 25 2012

Beautiful Creatures - A contender for Twilight's throne of bad but immensely popular YA paranormal romance.
Feb 13 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer
Mar 1 2013

Oz: The Great and Powerful
Mar 8 2013

The Host - Another Twilight contender, this one by the same author
March 29 2013

Jurassic Park 3D - I'd be all over this if I could watch 3D movies with my glasses
April 5 2013

The Evil Dead - Not sure why it needs a remake or if it'll be worth while without Bruce Cambell or Sam Rami but it's coming
April 12 2013

Iron Man 3
Mar 3 2013

Stark Trek Into Darkness - I actually liked the Abrhams reboot so I'm looking forward to this.
May 17 2013

EPIC - Looks to be good fantasy for the kids, not on the Shrek or Brave level but still decent
May 24 2013

Man of Steel
June 14 2013

Despicable Me 2 - If it's even close to as good as the first one it will be well worth watching.
July 3 2013

Pacific Rim
July 12 2013

The Wolverine - "Let's just pretend the last one didn't happen"
July 26 2013

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Disney's attempts to push back against Harry Potter several years too late
August 16 2013

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - The book was glorified Harry Potter/Twilight fan fic with some demonology and incest tacked on to make it edgy. It's probably going to beat out Beautiful Creatures and The Host for the Twilight throne.
August 23 2013

Ender's Game - Wait this is really happening? Hasn't this been in development hell since the late eighties?
November 1 2013

Thor: The Dark Worlds - Because Marvel Studios' movies that aren't Iron Man are too cool for numbers
November 8 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - When did YA get all these movies anyways? Where is my Animorphs movie Hollywood?
November 22 2013

Reaver

Staff
I can't believe that no one mentioned Monsters University due out sometime next year. I've been waiting for this for too long!

Last edited by a moderator:

SeverinR

Vala
I can't believe that no one mentioned Monsters University due out sometime next year. I've been waiting for this for too long!

I didn't know what Monsters university was, it is due out June 21 2013. Same day as World war Z.
Loved Monsters inc, will be looking forward to this also.

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Looking forward to:

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I'll be there at midnight!
EPIC- haven't seen the trailer for this one, but it sounds like I'll like it.
Hansel and Gretel
Dorothy of Oz
Oz the Great and Powerful (I find it interesting that they're releasing two Oz-related movies in the same year)
Jack the Giant Slayer (dying for this one. Mainly for Ewan McGoregor :-D)
Maleficent
Star Trek Into Darkness

SeverinR

Vala
Saw the trailer when I saw the Hobbit. (one of 5 post appocolypse(2 zombie appoc) earth trailers)
It looked fairly good.

SeverinR

Vala
Haunted house opens today,
seeing tomorrow morning(half price matinee-$4 morning,$6 afternoon, $8 evening)

Darkblade

Troubadour
Feb 2nd: Power Rangers Megaforce premieres. While even at it's best it is light popcorn fluff (and it's current creative team failed to even pull that in with last year's Power Rangers Samurai) it is one of the longest running genre tv shows.

Wanara009

Troubadour
Around 15 May 2014 (Australia) ---- Godzilla (A remake of the original 1954 cinematic masterpiece)

I know it's a bit too far but I am literally not waiting for anything else. If they blow this movie (like that 1998 failure), I am going to stomp a puppy.

I'm mostly looking forward to Warm Bodies on February 1st. I loved the book, and I'm hoping the adaptation doesn't mangle it too badly. (Link to first four minutes, because the trailer spoils everything.)

SeverinR

Vala
Hansel and Grettle Saturday(opens tomorrow, but I see mornings for $4.)
Every preview I have loved.

It is the German pronunciation of Hansel, Hon-sel not Han-sel. My daughter was confused by their pronunciation.

SeverinR

Vala
Around 15 May 2014 (Australia) ---- Godzilla (A remake of the original 1954 cinematic masterpiece)

I know it's a bit too far but I am literally not waiting for anything else. If they blow this movie (like that 1998 failure), I am going to stomp a puppy.
One Godzilla movie I thought was the worst, Blackhawk trying to outrun Godzilla through New York skyscrappers. To bad helicopters can't fly above the buildings, oh wait they can. I think that was Godzilla 1986, haven't watched one since.

Telcontar

Staff
Game of Thrones Seasons II (which I have yet to see almost any of) and Pacific Rim are the only ones I've been really waiting for. Others I will no doubt see eventually. Warm Bodies looked good, but who knows when I'll see it...

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
GoT season three starts in April I believe.

Even though I've read all of the books so far, I'm excited for each season. Additionally, I've gotten the wife to start watching!

SeverinR

Vala
Probably will go to the library and check out season one again just to be ready for II.
I figure they release II now, so they give people enough time to sign up for HBO for season III.