1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Types of Quests?

Discussion in 'Second Hand: Chat RPG' started by Philip Overby, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

As everyone who has played so far, we're following a sort of "dungeon crawling" chat style. Reaver and I were discussing different types of quests for those players who want to try different styles of RP.

Here are some suggestions. Let us know what you think or if you have your own idea pitch it to us. These quests may focus on different aspects of RPing, but with still a modicum of balance.

Dungeon Crawls/Treasure Hunts/Raids: These are characterized by being heavy on combat and problem solving when it comes to traps.

Patrols: These will be heavier on character interaction with combat interspersed.

Diplomatic Missions: These will be almost exclusively character interaction missions.

Arena/Pit Fighting/Tournaments: These are almost all combat with light character interaction.

Espionage/Sabotage: These will focus on sneaking and not being discovered by enemies.

Bounty Hunting/Assassinations: Quests that focus on finding someone or something. This could be in any setting (urban, rural, countryside, etc.)

These are just some ideas. As we go along, we want this game to be able to offer different types of quest so it's not always the same style of play. Any feedback is welcome.

2. Caged Maiden

Caged Maiden Staff Article Team

Some of those sure play to my strengths more than dungeon crawls. I'd love to try some different missions.

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Those sound like fun, though I can't see Medros being too good at diplomacy or espionage with only +1 Charm and +1 Luck. A 9.5-foot bear won't be too good at sneaking. XDDD Wonder if there's any way he can earn stats there during the quests?