• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Um, Hi! :-)

snabjorn

Dreamer
I guess I'm supposed to "Introduce" myself, right? And what better way to start, than by telling my name, which is Nanna (yep - like most of your grannies probably). I'm from Denmark and I'm 23 blah blah blah...

I joined this site as soon as I found it actually. I think it's a very interesting "place" and since I'm somewhat trying to write a novel myself (first time, ever!), and I'm (close to being) the only one I know who actually likes to read, I thought it would be perfect to get some advice and inspiration in here.

I will probably participate in the forums, but since I don't have any experience, at all, I will most likely be the one to ask all the dumb questions and suck in all the information and help I can get. Hopefully that's ok.

Anyway - this was me. I'm very open to new people and if anything should come up, anyone is welcome to talk to me or whatever.. My first dumb questions however - how do I edit my avatar? :confused: :eek:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome, Snabjorn (or Nanna, whichever you prefer)! Feel free to find a seat (preferably one not currently occupied by a cat or a halfling) and warm your toes by the fire.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome!

First answer to first question... up at the top of the screen you'll see "Settings." Click that then look down the left sidebar for "Edit Profile Picture."

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I think you can only edit your avatar when you reach five forum posts, though I may be wrong.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Snabjorn or Nanna
This is a great place to learn and share.
There is no such thing as a dumb questions. We can't guarantee that the answers aren't though.:p
Leap on in when you have half a mind.

snabjorn

Dreamer
Thanks to you all :)
I figured it out! - So I suppose you don't have to have 5 posts.
I'm very intrigued so far and I feel like I already have a lot of resources to get going. So it is a great place indeed ;)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Very welcome, and don't worry about asking questions; a lot of us are here for the very same reasons you are - to learn and to share experiences with others.

I'm also working on my first novel. It's slowly but surely nearing the halfway mark. I've learned a lot since I started hanging out here regularly and it's encouraging to see it reflected in my writing (except for all the rewriting of the early "bad" parts I'll have to get around to eventually). The same thing could happen to you. Stick around, take part in the discussion and don't hesitate to ask questions. You may not get the answers you're looking for, but someone will almost always answer something and you'll learn something you didn't know before.

Again, very welcome. :)

snabjorn

Dreamer
Thank you, that's good to know! :)
I'm glad that I'm not the only one doing my first "piece" ever in here (obviously I wouldn't be)!
And I see where you're coming from; I already have a million changes to my story since I've read the forums in here, and it's actually a good thing, since I didn't really know how to get further into the story. I have plenty ideas - I just can't seem to put them all together.

JRFLynn

Sage
Welcome Nanna, everyone is nice here so no worries if you have questions. I too am an aspiring author, nothing published yet, but this is a great community for sharing and finding advice on those really tough concepts. Much luck on your endeavor, fellow traveler ;)