1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Vacations

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Vacations…

So, Phil's out for the time being, but at the rate we're going, he might be able to jump into battle #3.

That got me thinking… would you guys be up for posting any scheduled vacations so Steerpike could possibly plan the game around our schedules? For example, it would be odd if we're in the middle of a huge battle, and a character disappears for two weeks. I'd rather have an RP portion of the game go on with a missing person instead of a battle–or even worse, the latter portion of a battle, which would not only be annoying to those left in the struggle, it would likely be out of character for the PC who abandons his/her party and potentially dangerous for the abandoned.

Of course, if vacations are staggered, well… we might have to just accept that players will be in and out of the game.

In any case, if you guys are up for it, we could post vacation dates on this thread. Steerpike can use the information as he sees fit.

My Vacation
    Hong Kong for two weeks: July 7[SUP]th[/SUP] to 21[SUP]st[/SUP].

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  2. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron has no planned vacations.

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

I have no idea when my vacation will be, but I'm not planning on going far this year. When I do go, I should still be active on the forums. Heck, depending on how bored I'll eventually get, I may be even more active on MS.

I'm eligible for a week after March 11th, another week after September 11th. Both weeks must be used before the end of the year. That's all I know right now.

4. Legendary Sidekick

That's a good point. We should probably specify whether a vacation means going offline for a while. I will likely be offline and over 10,000 miles away from my laptop. Well… ~7,000 miles if you go through Earth instead of around.

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

I may be a little scarce the last week of March, but will still be able to get online at least once per day.

6. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Mid-April is final exam and graduation prep time, so I'm not likely to be on much.

7. Steerpike

Wrong thread! (I posted the map here).

8. Legendary Sidekick

Well, if you're taking a vacation at the abandoned temple…

9. Steerpike

I'd like to go to one in Palenque or Tikal or Chichen Itza. Someplace like that :)

10. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

Yeah, I'm sorry again for being scarce the past couple of weeks. But I hope I can get back in the game at some point that's convenient once I get back to Japan. I really didn't expect to be so busy on my vacation, but it's been pretty crazy. It seems like there's a pretty big party now though (eight, I think) so I'm wondering if me jumping back in might make things over-crowded.

11. Legendary Sidekick

There's always room for Nodrick Gnatcatcher!

Sparkie likes this.
  12. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

You betcha!

13. Legendary Sidekick

Just don't die to make room. The more the merrier. More, not less!

(I knew an entertainment lawyer who told me "less is more." That doesn't apply here.)

14. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I enjoyed reading your Nodrick RP! You should come back when possible or we're going to miss a great character.

(@LS, I'm down to 1HP without any enemy touching me. I think not dying may prove a little hard. Incompetent mage is incompetent!)

15. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Just a heads-up, I won't be online much this weekend at all. At some point today my sisters, mom and I are going out of town for a night to ourselves, and we'll be getting back at an unknown time on Saturday. I might be able to get online sometime Saturday night, but probably not too late. Then on Sunday I'll be going back to college, which is a long drive. I'll be back probably in the late afternoon or evening on Sunday.

16. Legendary Sidekick

Enjoy!

Sorry in advance for Cadell's missing right hand... just in case.

17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Aw man, wouldn't that suck. XD I wouldn't inflict that on him. Poor guy's got enough to deal with right now.

18. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

This is sort of the opposite of vacation, but I won't be around on Saturday night. I'll be working. Again. For the 14th day in a row. I swear, I can't even buy a day off.

19. Ankari

Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

Saturday night is when all the fun happens!

20. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

In the words of Eric Cartman: "Yea, it sucks."

EDIT: I lied. I forgot about the snow day last week. Still, I did do a little work from home that day...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013