1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Vacations

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 19, 2013.

1. HI all, Well On sunday I am away to catterick garrison to do my training for the army. I am not sure if any of you knew I was in the armed forces however this is the case. :)

I may not be able to update often as we are kept fairly busy. However at night, on most nights I do get some personal time. I dont know if there is any computers there or anything along the lines, so updating is hanging by a thread.

I also dont have a very modern phone as I am more of a "I only need it for calls and texting" kind of guy. So I wont be able to update on my phone, However I have thought about it and I think I may well decide to buy one for a few reasons, Being able to stay part of these lovely forums being one of them.

So please forgive me if for the first wee while I am not updating or things along the lines. It certainly is my intention to continue to be an active member of the forums whether I am in the armed forces or not.

So thank for being patient in the meanwhile, and a big thanks to the GM for taking the time to host this game for us throuhgout his everyday life which I am sure is very busy, Also all the people who helped me get the hang of the game when I first started, Ireth, Legendary and Steerpike to name a few.

SomethingToPonder.. Aldar..

Edit:SP Please feel free to PM me ifyou have any questions regarding it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Just a heads up -- I'm going to be out of the country for a week, from Dec. 9-16. I'll have my laptop with me, but I don't know hoe much RP time I'll have. Definitely not the 9th or 16th, since I'll be flying all day.

3. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I'm going to a cabin in the woods for the weekend. Not sure if there is Wifi.
    Should be back sunday if I can't post prior to that.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Take a zombie readiness kit.

5. senseiseth

senseiseth Troubadour

And keep an eye on your knees, too. The adventurers weakest spot.

6. Steerpike

Heh :)

I will have the map done today. The FDA issue I'm working on came to a head and I was on the phone off and on last night and this morning, so I'm behind again. Grr.

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Going to be visiting my parents from Saturday the 15th until Sunday the 23rd. Won't have as much time to be online.

8. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Now, the vacations thread works!

If anyone's curious, "Vacations…" is an invalid title because of the ellipsis. There must've been an update on the site in recent months. I remember trying to send a PM with an ellipsis in the title, and I was unable to send due to the invalid character. So that "…" character made the thread effectively invalid. Using my mod powers, I created a new thread called just plain "Vacations," merged the new with the old, and the problem is solved.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Nihal and Ireth like this.
  9. Steerpike

Hey guys - you may have a mini-vacation here.

I've been getting in too late to do much, due to work and family matters to attend to. Same thing will go for tonight, and then I'm going to be on the road from Monday through late Sunday evening. I will try my best to get the maps made and an update posted sometime tomorrow, so that you can all react while I'm on the road, but if I don't make it, just consider this a brief end-of-summer vacation until Monday :)

Nihal, Ireth and Legendary Sidekick like this.
  10. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Posted in the other forum,
    I will be involved most of the next weekend with Dog club at the Great Darke County Fair.
    So I might not get a chance to post, but we don't seem to post much on the weekend anyway.

11. Steerpike

Going to need one more evening :)

I just got in this morning, and I need to go help my brother move something. When I get back, I HAVE to finish judging the most recent Iron Pen content - I should have done it this weekend, but I didn't have any internet service. I'll likely start working on the maps after that but I don't know if I'll get them all done, alone with the corresponding posts.

Thanks!

Nihal, Legendary Sidekick and Ireth like this.
  12. Legendary Sidekick

Off to a wedding! All weekend! My daughters are flower girls! And I PM'd my next rolls to SP because Baldhart can't be slacking in front of Masama!

13. Legendary Sidekick

Off to the mountains - will leave computer behind!

14. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Might as well say in advance,
    I am going to Fair with my dog the weekend of Aug 21-23,
    weddings Aug 29 and the Sept 5th,
    daughter is leaving a week later,
    not sure how much I will be on these weeks. (A lot of change in a short time.)

15. Legendary Sidekick

Off to Disney World on Sunday! Another computer-free vacation!