• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Vampires from Twilight vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter!!

Vampires from Twilight vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter?

• Vampires

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wizards and Witches

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
This is my second Poll to bring my favourite Wizards into fanfictional battle, this time against the sparkly and fangless Vampires from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series =)

I know that the rivalry between both series has been raging for a long time now (with so many youtube videos and more!!) but the idea here is not to compare both series or both universes: Instead, we see a battle between vampires and wizards to see who will come out victorious from a fight to death.

My scenario is like this:

We have the Volturi and the Cullens leading a thousand vampires with various abilities, to attack and siege Hogwarts Castle at a winter night... which is defended by the school staff, some two hundred 6th and 7th year students and three hundred Aurors sent by the ministry to deal with the vampire threat.

Albus Dumbledore is away visiting the Australian Ministry of Magic, so he will not take part in the battle!!

This is a Death Match between Vampires and Wizards+Witches, so what do you think? XD!!

Ophiucha

Auror
Even though I much prefer the Harry Potter series, the rigid strategist in me simply must vote for the vampires from the Twilight series. Simple fact of the matter is... they're immortal, well and truly. As far as we know from the series, the only thing that can kill a vampire is another vampire or a werewolf, and one Remus Lupin in the bunch probably won't lead to victory.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Well, the vampires are not immortal, they can be destroyed by fire!! A Wizard could simply capture a vampire by making him or her float in the air (so, the vampire's speed and strentgh would be useless) and then burn the vampire to ashes, because the HP wizards can make things go ablaze just by pointing their wands at a target =)

Ophiucha

Auror
True, but at least a few of them are probably capable of not getting caught in the spell in the first place. I mean, some of them have premonition powers and mindreading, so they'd be able to predict the moves before they came. Also, I'm not entirely sure fire alone can kill them. I think it's dismemberment + fire that does the job, so you'd need some dark magic to accomplish the first. None of the students, except maybe the Slytherins, would know the dark magic, and at least some of aurors wouldn't use it even if they know how.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You can't forget, though . . . the wizards have a secret weapon. The Vampire's foil, if you will.

7th Year Witches. Lots of them.

The Twilight-series vampires will be killing each other before they reach the castle.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
It seems to me that if you want to kill a vampire, you have to break him or her into pieces first because they can move quickly and put the fire out- however, if they are floating in the air they cannot use their speed and strength, so they would burn completely because they are flammable =)

The vampires could be a threat if they get too close, but even then the Wizards have shield charms and that "invisible, irresistible force" that could be useful to stop the vampires or at least slow them down...

Occlumency could counter vampire powers like Edward Cullen's and the Cruciatus curse is like Jane's power!!

True Devor, the vampires maybe would go crazy with thirst and that is a weakness in the battle =)

I have a question, because I have read only the first Twilight books: Are the vampires supposed to be really dead, or maybe they are alive in some way??

Ophiucha

Auror
They are definitely completely dead.

But guys, how will the wizards be able to fight? They'll be too ~*~dazzled~*~ to attack.

Also, I think vampiric super speed is enough to dodge most of the wand spells. I mean, regular wizards who've never had combat training can duck out of the way of most spells in the books. Surely someone with super speed would just never get hit.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
If the vampires are dead, then Avada Kedavra would not kill them because, well... they are dead!!

Avada Kedavra is like throwing pure death at your enemy: The bodies are left unharmed, there is no biological cause of death... so the vampires could not die from this curse, but the Avada Kedavra can also shatter and burn something when it hits things instead of a living creature.

The vampires could evade stunning spells and other attacks that you see coming at you, but others like the Cruciatus, the Imperius and the Incendio have effect instantly!!

Blasting curses (what Wormtail used to blow up that street, also seen when Fred died at the final battle) are kind of instant too, and the explosions are powerful enough to break vampires into pieces.

Ophiucha

Auror
Are they, though? I mean, the vampires skin is literally made out of diamonds. That's tough stuff. I don't think an explosion would kill them.

Ophiucha

Auror
I believe the term for it is "Devil's Advocate". :p Obviously Harry Potter could beat Twilight, but damn if I'm not willing to use the lore to argue the opposite.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I admittedly don't know much about the vampires' abilities in Twilight specifically, but I grew up playing White Wolf vampires. And with those, I'd say it would be a close match. The twilight ones? Not a chance. The wizards and witches would OWN the Twilight fairies vampires. Let's not forget that there are patroni? patronuses? anyways, patronuses, familiars, DRAGONS, I mean really, let's get a couple of those bad-ass dragons out for good measure and see a vampire's speed really put to the test. OR how about getting all four Quiddich teams out there with their fire spells and curses. Or the Whumping Willow, I bet that can smash a vampire or three. Or Cerberus, I mean Fluffy. HAHA or the woods full of creepy crawlies, can't Hagrid just call all his pets out?

Besides, I doubt they'd ever get into such a fight in the first place, unless it's because they all had the misfortune of falling in love with angsty teenagers at the school and simultaneously had their hearts broken and sought revenge.

Mindfire

Istar
I admittedly don't know much about the vampires' abilities in Twilight specifically, but I grew up playing White Wolf vampires. And with those, I'd say it would be a close match. The twilight ones? Not a chance. The wizards and witches would OWN the Twilight fairies vampires. Let's not forget that there are patroni? patronuses? anyways, patronuses, familiars, DRAGONS, I mean really, let's get a couple of those bad-ass dragons out for good measure and see a vampire's speed really put to the test. OR how about getting all four Quiddich teams out there with their fire spells and curses. Or the Whumping Willow, I bet that can smash a vampire or three. Or Cerberus, I mean Fluffy. HAHA or the woods full of creepy crawlies, can't Hagrid just call all his pets out?

Besides, I doubt they'd ever get into such a fight in the first place, unless it's because they all had the misfortune of falling in love with angsty teenagers at the school and simultaneously had their hearts broken and sought revenge.

We could do all that... or we could go for Sheilawisz's favorite strategy: SPAM FIENDFYRE! xD

Ophiucha

Auror
Fiendfyre would certainly be an effective strategy, but I think you'd probably end up killing a lot of wizards in the crossfire. :/

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Anihow: Thanks, that was so funny!! =)

Well, the HP universe has more resources for battle than the Twilight world: Dragons, Dementors, flying brooms, Thestrals and more... but then it would be too unfair, so my scenario was designed to have a vampires vs wizards only battle- Still, even though I like vampires and other similar creatures I am sure that they are no match for Magic.

Ankari, I should have added a third option: Mutual Annihilation which maybe I will include in my next poll!!

Mindfire, thanks for suggesting the Fiendfyre!! Reaver, thanks for your vote =)

It would be impossible to transform the vampires into ferrets or something like that, because they are dead and with HP magic you cannot give life back to the dead... anyway, the transfiguration could be useful to turn them into glass statues or something, which would be effective too in the battle.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I guess that was my point. That people would use whatever they had at their disposal. That's why the White Wolf vampires would roll through Hogwarts and all its defenses like a tornado in a trailer park. Their magic is powerful and with all the different clans (Sabbat included), I could strategize a complete takeover with only a handful of them. But Twilight vampires? I have my doubts.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Well, but that would be a fight of Magic vs Magic, totally different to Magic vs some form of dangerous monsters without it- I should read about that White Wolf vampires, they sound interesting =)

Who thinks that Sectumsempra slashes could cut off a vampire's head? I am sure that just making the vampires float in the air and then play with them would be the best strategy for the wizards and witches in this battle.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
A few mid-level Sabbat packs would storm Hogwarts tonight and open Bloodthaum's School of Evil and Darkness tomorrow.

actually I could probably do it with a couple dozen vampires. A few Assimites casting Quietus so the Wizards cant cast spells and then a few Lasombra to choke all the mortals in inky blackness.

Oh man, what would Harry and his peeps do against a couple dozen Horrid form monsters? There's nothing quite as scary as twelve-foot tall abominations who don't even have hearts to stab with stakes. Or how many wizards could a lone Lasombra take out with Arms of the Abyss? I'd say at least a dozen, and that's just a basic discipline, not even the big guns. That doesn't even include presence... The highest ranking wizards would be attacking their peers without a so much as batting an eye, and then I'll bring in some spirits courtesy of my good friend Nikki Giovanni... Sure dementors are nasty, but I think my necromantic friends have cooked up at least a few things that would make a dementor crap its pants.

Oh man and all we'd have to do is employ a few Tremere to set about some wards, get a few Gargoyles in for good measure, and why not... We'll bring our favorite were-raven Claudia along for the fun. Oh man did I tell you about the time she took out a whole pack of Black Spiral Dancers single-handedly? Not bad for a non-combat character with maxed mental skills. See that's something no one ever plans for... Attack from above. Balls of fire that burn at 2000*F, gifts from the sun himself, flight feathers sharp as razor blades, and the ability to slip into the Spirit world without a reflective surface.