• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Video Trailer

Malik

Auror
Nice. Did you create this? If not, who did, how much did it cost, and how much input did you have? If you don't mind saying....

My wife built it in our home studio. I did a few things. It's my voice at the end.

I was walking around the house for the rest of the day using Movie Trailer Guy Voice for everything: "I didn't come here . . . to eat quinoa . . . I came here . . . to eat cookies."

Russ

Istar
Quite like it. Good length, graphics nice. Very good quality for home studio.

Is there a plan on who to get it in front of potential buyers?

Now you got me thinking what would it cost to get it in movies theatres showing related movies...hmmm

Malik

Auror
Quite like it. Good length, graphics nice. Very good quality for home studio.

Is there a plan on who to get it in front of potential buyers?

Now you got me thinking what would it cost to get it in movies theatres showing related movies...hmmm

Thanks. It's going to our publicist and agent here, shortly.

If I had the dough to put it in theaters, I'd do it in minute. Pretty sure that would be prohibitively expensive. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

Russ

Istar
Now I am not going to get any work done today. So this got me thinking about the cost and I found a number of quotes, but this one looked like he knew what he was talking about:

When you say "a single theatre" that could mean anywhere from one to a dozen screens. I can tell you a bit about advertising on Cineplex screens in Canada. Their rates are on a per-screen basis.

A 30-sec. ad, after lights-out, will cost about $1,345 per screen per month. That's their gross, rate-card cost. (I've paid much less but it's hard to generalize about negotiated discounts.)

They also offer 4'x6' back-lit posters in the lobby for around $150-$200 each per month. I've never used them but I'd assume that adding them to an on-screen buy would increase awareness, impact and retention. And since, in most cases, one lobby serves multiple screens, posters are a relatively inexpensive add-on to an on-screen campaign.

Considering what we paid for a month long poster campaign on the Toronto Subway system last year this might not be the worst idea. If we could get it synced up the right movies, it could be a good investment.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that surveys show that book trailers consistently rate last when asking book buyers what influenced their buying decisions. But that is for the usual trailers that get lost in the traffic on the internet.

I better go settle some cases so I can fund this idea...