• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

wattpad

Aosto

Sage
Any of you ever use wattpad? I've downloaded it and sampled a few of the top fantasy works on there. I wasn't impressed...but some of them had thousands of reads and comments suggesting they were great pieces of work. Some I couldn't even get past the first chapter.

On the plus side, I'm more confident in my work now.

Any suggestions on where I might find good quality free fantasy stories?

Ddruid

Minstrel
Huh? I was a bit surprised after reading this. I've only read a few stories from Wattpad. Most of them were top works and all of them were enjoyable and commendable. But then again, I suppose that's only a few. Still, from all the praise and stuff that I've heard, I thought that Wattpad would be one of the best resources for free and quality stories. Which stories did you read? Not all top works will jimmy to your taste. Hell, we've all read bestsellers that we ended up hating with our guts.

I would encourage you to keep browsing stories and explore other categories on Wattpad. Look beyond the top lists if you want to. I'm sure most of the stories in any free online library, fantasy or otherwise, will be rubbish. But if you look hard enough, some gems will shine through.

So notify me if you find another free fantasy story resource of repute and reliability.

Then again, if going through Wattpad has increased your self-esteem despite the quality of stories, or more precisely because of it, then that's not bad either. :)