1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I think Liadan would rather heal him right away than wait until he's on dry land, especially if he's as close to death as Steerpike's words have me thinking.

Random thought: Liadan put her cloak over Baldhart while Baldy was sleeping, Is it still lying around on the docks, or can we assume it was blown off or fell into the sea by now? I don't want Liadan to waste money on a new cloak if she can retrieve her old one safely.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

He's at -8 this round, then next round he'll go to -9. The following round, -10, is dead. If he gets healed for anything at all, even 1 hp, he'll be stabilized and will stop losing HP.

Ireth likes this.
  3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

If the stairs last, Liadan can rappel for her cloak. Baldy will want that, though it's more about her 50G sword lying there! I don't think Hall heard her ask if he could toss her sword over.

Oh… and yes, the intent is to heal him as soon as she can touch, then grab the wolf and we raise him up. Is STR Liadan's 2nd prime? If so, Baldy can wait for Liadan to get a good grip before she hopefully rolls one of her 20+ checks.

A second person on the rope may be in order.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

Mauve herself can turn into a water demon right? so she can get the sword if it's lost. The cloak, though, i am unsure of whether it would be worth getting. But keit is experienced in sewing and can make one out of a deerskin if batos lives long enough to hunt again.

5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Yes, STR is prime for Liadan. I really hope this works... what'd happen if Liadan rolls a check to lift Batos and fails?

6. Legendary Sidekick

Heal him first.

If she fails, I guess we need another rope!

Baldhart's two-hander is on the platform. Her scabbard is build into her cloak, so Baldhart had to drop the sword (on the platform, not in the water—the GM post stated that Baldy didn't go in the water).

As much as I'd like to have had Baldy take her sword with her, it would be impossible for her to make the climb and foolish to attempt the climb holding it. She had to jump to get to the cliff, so I wouldn't even entertain the thought that she somehow had her huge, unsheathable sword with her.

@Keit, not anymore. Mauve ditched the knife, hoping something good (?) will happen.

7. Nihal

Nihal Vala

@Keit Er... Why would Mauve do that?

She didn't. o_O

8. Legendary Sidekick

Oh, my mistake. I thought she dropped the knife in the water. That's what I get for trusting my memory.

Nihal likes this.
  9. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Mauve

*the mage spits the stopper, waiting for any reaction from the fish demons*

Mauve: "Meh, it didn't wor–"

*the wet knife slips from her fingers into the ocean below*

Mauve: "...crap."

10. senseiseth

senseiseth Troubadour

hey guys, sorry for being dead on the DE chat recently. Between work, grad classes, and my laptop dying, I was away from the keyboard way too long. But I posted a new thing for Hall so he's back in the game.

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

I think if Batos got healed enough, Liadan might be able to tie the end around batos and then they can pull them both up.

Keit's helping too now so three people pulling ought to get them both up.

12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Well, whether Liadan will be able to reach him in this round or the next also depends on the motion of the sea. If Batos is being pushed back and forth by the waves, Liadan might not be able to reach him too easily to heal him.

13. Legendary Sidekick

Just one healing spell is needed to keep Batos alive. So bear in mind, as long as the healing spell works, Batos lives, even if he's unconscious. (The healing spell can't fail since Liadan's a cleric. The only way it would fail is if Batos is dead when he's healed. Fortunately, Ireth plans to cast as soon as Liadan can reach Batos.)

14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I've been thinking about that... Batos is wounded and unconscious, but he's also partly underwater. I think drowning should be a concern just as much as bleeding to death. Even if Liadan can mend his wounds, would the healing spell also get the water out of his lungs?

15. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I don't think healing would do that, it's out of the regeneration scope.

16. Legendary Sidekick

CPR/first aid after he's pulled up?

We'll have to find out in-game, since there's only so much to do in one turn.

17. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Batos might not bleed to death but might have asperation pneumonia(water in the lungs) So he will probably not be bouncing back from this fight, and might need additional magic to save him later on.

Glad I didn't have Bressel charge into battle, would have had another -4 to armor with no hit to show for it.

Aliron;9/14
    Bressel: 8/14

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  18. Legendary Sidekick

Well, Nissa's roll (flying kick!) is good, but I think she needs to wait until next turn to use it. While I had the bottle drop as a readied action from the previous turn, if the targets weren't close enough until this turn then all Nissa did is drop the bottle.

@SP, since she already dropped a bottle before, I think she should know the blast height and radius. I'd like to think she'd use her wings to not get blown up, whether that means flying close to the cave ceiling or tossing it forward or whatever. If the only way to not get burned is to drop from above the outcropping, that's what she does.

Basically, she does what it takes to (1) keep fish demons from entering, (2) kill if she can, and (3) not blow herself up in the process. If she can blast the area and still be in the cave she does, even though there may be an advantage to being out of the cave.

19. Steerpike

Yeah, Nissa is avoiding the blast. You're right, though, she won't get her attack in until this next round. I'm going over to update the thread here shortly. Looks like most people have responded - I wanted to leave it open long enough for everyone to have a chance, since I was lagging way behind last week and not everyone has been checking in daily.

20. Steerpike

A place to have lunch:

[​IMG]

Sparkie likes this.