1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

You can make the call on the flames yourself and make the save roll. If he saves, he could act normally.

Ireth likes this.
  2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Okay. So shall I assume the firebombing happens before his (failed) attack, or will I need to edit that if everything's kinda happening at once?

3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I can see little Nissa after the battle, standing before glaring eyes. Liadan used all of her MP and Cadell's arm is still fractured in three places. Half of the houses are reduced to ash. The party's arguing over whether Nissa broke the truce or now-hairless Ghendra having his shield melted onto his arm is "an understandable mistake if not the will of the gods."

She stands sheepishly and says, "I believe I owe everyone here my sincerest apolo—WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" (Flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap…)

Steerpike likes this.
  4. Steerpike

Doh!

LS - I was answering from my phone yesterday and the image didn't show up. I thought you were still referring to the previous picture you posted before, where she dropped it next to the cliffs. Technically this is just barely out of her range from where I was thinking her positioned. I'll let it go because 1) my mistake and 2) she wasn't on the map.

Her flying speed is 60' so for future reference when she is on the map, that will tell you how far she can go and still act in the same turn :)

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  5. Legendary Sidekick

Oh… thanks. And 12 squares. Wow! I'll keep that in mind.

Is that about what the harpies/sirens had for flight?

6. Steerpike

d20 harpies actually have 80', but many of the smaller flying humanoids (fey and the like) have 60' so that seemed like a better fit for Nissa. It's twice the speed of the average PC.

7. Legendary Sidekick

I'm fine (and pleasantly surprised) by her speed. I just figured Nissa should know how fast she is vs. the flying creature she saw Baldy fight. If we ever come across one of those, I won't do a silly thing like try to out-fly them.

Steerpike likes this.
  8. Steerpike

Yeah, she'd know. In a race, they'd beat her, but she's pretty quick :)

9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

It occurs to me that Llucheden spooking will take Cadell somewhat out of the way of an enemy's next attack (from the front, at least) while leaving the horse's underbelly more vulnerable (as long as the fishy can get past the hooves). If any fishies survive to attack Cadell again, that's something to at least keep in mind. Not that I WANT the horse to die!

10. Legendary Sidekick

Luckily for the horsey, Hall is awesome. Let's hope the enemies trying to leap from Nissa's fire attack are the opposite of Hall in terms of rolling awesomeness.

senseiseth likes this.
  11. Nihal

Nihal Vala

One year ago I was catsitting my sister's pregnant cat, being awoken by it at 5 a.m. then kicking caskets with Mauve. Tonight her cat is having a new litter of kittens and I've realized how the time has passed and how long I've been around. That feels odd. :)

Ireth likes this.
  12. senseiseth

senseiseth Troubadour

Thanks LS, that's really kind of you. I'm just glad the rolls were in my favor this time. And I'm glad the fishies are getting their due with their attack.

13. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I just linked to pics from my weekend.
    My post in chit chat:"My weekend"
    Computer was acting up,
    Pictures taken:150
    pictures edited; 75
    posted 2 on deviantart, 8 on Facebook.

I never saw so many waterfall icicles in my life, from small to gigantic. Some were so tall I couldn't get wide enough to get it all. Some so wide I couldn't move back enough to get it all.

I walked around in a long sleeve shirt around all the ice and snow. It was 48 degrees.
    It was amazing.

14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Just curious, shouldn't Keit have a BIT more reaction to the sudden burst of flames? She is pyrophobic, as I recall. Also, I don't know if standing right behind a spooked, rearing horse is such a good idea.

15. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

woops -didn't see that bit. I was more focused on Gisla. Plus keit would be more fixated on the water demons atm... blame lack of reaction to shock (and that she trusts Nissa blindly)

Oh, and you guys have NO idea how tempting it was to not use the entangle move... with that tree and roots so close i may have been able to use it and end the fight right there...

but then i feel that Steerpike is not done.... *growl*

and yet i could go to fix those if i could edit.... why does this site not work like WritingForums again? editing certainly helps with spelling issues...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  16. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Well, if she's fixated on the demons, she'd be looking right at them when the fire fell on them. But anyway...

17. Legendary Sidekick

Oh, wow... tangle plus Nissa fire-bombing. What a combination that would be!

Baldhart also has her stun, and it looks like she'll miss out on the rest of this battle, so she will likely have that stun for the next battle. (Maybe two if we get a boatload of XP.)

18. Hey Guys :)
    Well im back for good at the moment, laptop all set up etc and ready to go every night for a while anyway.
    So I didnt want to just interrupt the game and start re-posting as it may not be very authentic. The last time I was posting was around the time after we had defeated the sea demons/monsters or by the looks of things one set of them. I remember we had defeated the giant creature with one riding it, and the stairs had collapsed with all of us making it up onto the cliff. It was around that time I had to go for training. :)

I am reading up on what I have missed at the moment, and I seem to have gone on vacation or training ,whatever you want to call it around page 130 something.

Anyway, If the Gm or even you legendary could let me know if I should include some sort of backstory about how my character just vanished basically,some kind of magical dissapearence that seems to be happening more frequently. :p or what happened as I am not sure how to write it in,

Thanks all :)

19. Steerpike

I'll send you a PM. Working on an update now. Been traveling this week and just got back to my hotel a few minutes ago. So long as their internet holds up I will have a post up in a little while.

20. Thanks SP, Sounds great.