1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

You could probably ask in-game, since your character knows nothing of the civilized world, but to answer you: dwarf village.

And they looooooooooooove elves. And female fighters.

2. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Mauve:

[​IMG]

Baldhart: K.

[​IMG]

3. Legendary Sidekick

^Awesome and accurate! I didn't see a need to say much. Mauve was thorough.

Now that I actually looked at the map, I guess there is a little more to say.

Also, what's the travel time to Dwarfville? Isn't it about two weeks? Is that estimation assuming you take the road (through the Taint)?

4. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I don't know if these weeks are through the Taint, but yeah, two weeks.

Here is what's in my notes: Arendal, Melor, Hofslond, and Alfoss are each roughly two days from one another, give or take. The Drimmen-Delve is a couple of weeks or more from Arendal, depending on which route you take. That should allow you to get a rough estimate of distances.

+ full map for the ones who lost the post:

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  5. Legendary Sidekick

I actually stickied the map one day after digging through many, many posts to find it because I didn't ever want to dig through the longest thread on this site ever again. The thread is called "Maps."

My guess is "couple of weeks" refers to the tainted road, and "or more" is the wilderness.

6. Nihal

Nihal Vala

That's true, there is this thread I forgot about.

I copy and paste relevant information I know I'll forget. I've got these distances when Mauve asked Gisla to mark stuff on her map, I think. The shorter way should be the faster, but I don't think it will be the faster given what the dwarves said in the past.

7. Legendary Sidekick

The road through the Taint would likely be the more dangerous route (not to say the other is danger-free).

Oh, and while I'm here…

^fix'd​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    Nihal likes this.
  8. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

Yo,

It is I, PlotHolio, returned from my sojourn with the aliens. I died and was brought back to life in a clone body I don't know how many times, and I've seen more colors of neon blood than anyone has a right to. This experience has brought me closer to knowing myself, and I have learned two important things...

--The only weakness of a Zasiji Armor Drone is a concussive blow to the spinal column.
    --I really want to play some d20.

Is Dragon's Egg open to new players at the moment, or do I need to wait for Act IV?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  9. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Legendary, I'll wait before progressing with their little chat, I don't want to push the discussion concerning Drimmen-delve too far or get they moving before the other players have the opportunity to chime in. Mauve will still bug Baldhart later.

Welcome here maybe, PlotHolio?

10. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

I'm planning to update tomorrow. That will give others a bit more time to chime in, since it is important to party decide their direction together. As for new players, in theory we've got room to pull in new players, but honestly I'm inclined to only accept players who can post consistently, so that's what it is going to boil down to.

Nihal likes this.
  11. Legendary Sidekick

@SP, I have no idea how much my characters spent since Nissa paid the tailor. If you want to edit the gold amounts in my Google Docs file or just give a total, that's fine.

I think Baldy owes for the tents, Burnbright's spear and shield, and all that food Baldy and Nissa bought.

I doubt it's enough to make Baldy broke. If I'm wrong, I'll take back one of the berry-picking rolls for the time Baldy had to wash dishes to work off her debt.

PS-

Show off.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Ankari likes this.
  12. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Welcome, we are beginning a journey that might encounter some strange new faces.
    I believe we have someone joining in the not to distant future.
    all Untrustworthy of course. (Aliron)

Roll up a char, if you are undecided look at the current group here http://mythicscribes.com/forums/dragon-s-egg-rpg/6640-getting-know-you-thread-6.html (last page post #58)
    Basically we have 2 wizards(with questionable mental status, but then again they are mages) and 2 Monks, 1 each-thief, cleric, ,Bard, druid, barbarian, ranger.
    Race wise: Humans and elves mostly, Nissa is a halfling(?) Baltos is a wolf, Brawen is a child harpy.
    Beware magic is shunned, witch hunts happen, so if you use magic know this.
    also it is a given that Aliron doesn't trust you. :)

13. Ankari

Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

I've tried to fill in most of the holes from my absence a while back, but I feel like I'm missing somethiing. Can anyone help out a bit?

1) I need to know the background knowledge we have on the gnolls. Where are they headed? Why? What happened to my talks with Ghendra about an alliance between gnoll and humans? What does the group suspect of them?

2) XP. I'm not sure how much I earned, if anything, from the fight with the fish demons.

3) Gold. Did we earn any gold from the fight? Did we split it?

Thanks.

14. Legendary Sidekick

Gold, no.

The gnolls walked away after examining the people of Arendal and seeing that Burnbright wasn't there.

XP = 1175 (just checked).

15. Ankari

Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

But what has the party surmised concerning the gnolls? From what I've been reading, it appears we know, or suspect, much of their motiviations, their circumstances, and their current intent.

Also, I need to know if I'm eligible to receive all the XP since I was not response for a portion at the end.

16. Legendary Sidekick

I think different characters have different information and opinions, and everyone saw the gnolls leave at different points. I believe Baldhart, Nissa, Cadell, Mauve were the last to speak to them (in that order). And Nissa was the last to see them while flying around.

You'll need to get that info in-game. Not only did your character miss some of the last words between gnolls and party members, but the latest was play-by-PM. If you want to see that last public conversation with the gnolls, out of curiosity, here.

17. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I'm eager to leave Arendal, but how come are we walking if the destination wasn't 100% agreed upon yet? Are they going in circles? Hahaha.

@Ankari
    As LS said not everything has come to light yet. Everything they know about the gnolls whereabouts is that they should be heading to the Taint, if they didn't enter it already (a shadow that could be a group was seen earlier going there). And I think your character is still eligible for the XP reward. It's not about fighting only, but participating in the events.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Well, Baldy's the party's fastest distance runner (see barbarian and monk skills), so she's probably one of those annoying jocks who will jog in place if you stop her on a street corner to make conversation.

*jog-jog* "…so then I sez, you can take that venti dulce latte and pour it directly into your thighs 'cuz that's where it'll end up, girl, and she's like, talk to the hand, and I'm like, the fat hand…"

Nihal likes this.
  19. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Gwah! Sorry for not posting in so long. Borrowing my sister's laptop is not helpful for consistent RPing. :( I'll do my best to catch up tonight.

20. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

I threw a Human Fighter together. Should I post it here or PM it to someone?

Also, I didn't see anything about feats. Does this system not use feats? If it doesn't, I imagine that makes walking difficult. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014