1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I think Alin's concerns are valid. He can't hear Bressel, and he CAN hear fighting. This might imply Bressel was in the process of transporting the kids and they were attacked, while Mauve, Baldy and Cadell are taking out enemy scouts.

2. Legendary Sidekick

So, did Aliron shoot the wounded lizard outside or one inside?

EDIT - Or is he just running out to join the party and he didn't shoot anybody?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

First time using Rolz; rolled a natural 1.

4. Legendary Sidekick

Bummer!

But don't forget your d20 roll is d20+1+1+1 if your specialized weapon is the bastard sword. (Not that it would make a difference with that crummy roll.)

And yes, it's your turn. You can strike again after the GM post.

Also, if you click that d20-shaped graphic to the left of your roll, that creates an image which you can drag and drop into your post. Like this:
    [​IMG]

5. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

The second +1 is my weapon specialization.

And thanks. I was wondering how to do that.

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Yes, you can post at any time during the player's turns. I use initiative in tabletop games, but have found that in play-by-post games it can really slow things down when one person isn't around to post and others are waiting for the initiative count to get to them. So when it is the player's turn, the players can take their turn in whatever order they happen to post in.

7. Legendary Sidekick

Right, but you can have THREE +1s!

One is STR (you have a 14 in STR, so that's a +1 modifier),
    Another is base-to-hit (only a fighter gets a hit bonus at level 1, and it's always the same as his level),
    And of course you get yet another for specialization.

When you roll damage, you also add STR and specialization (so 1d10+1+1), but not base-to-hit.

8. Steerpike

I can't access Bressel's character sheet in Google Drive for some reason. I seem to recall he has an AC of 15. If that's not right let me know.

9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Hm... quick question... how far apart are the groups? Would Liadan be able to rush to the aid of the children and those with them, even if she maybe won't make it this turn?

10. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I remember there was half a mile between the lizard's hill (where we are) and the point the children were previously, just on the other side of the other hill. I would estimate they covered 1/4 of that distance at best before the ambush.

Take her movement, make it x4 if she's running and you'll have an approximation of how many turns it would take. :)

11. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Well, miles mean next to nothing if I'm counting squares on a map. Eh, I'll have her run for it and hope for the best. Should really have done that last round, in hindsight. She never did get an action in.

12. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Each square is 5 feet. That would be ~528 squares.

But it doesn't matter, the maps aren't connected. Ignore them and think in the distance between them. It won't change because now we have maps.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  13. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Again, that helps nothing. How many feet are in a mile? I use metric measurements mostly, not imperial.

14. Nihal

Nihal Vala

So do I. I'm using Google to convert it for me. 2640 feet in half a mile.

15. Steerpike

Yeah, they're about half a mile apart. If you go at top speed the entire way, it'll take 22 ten-second rounds to get there.

16. Steerpike

Note: Llucheden can cover the same distance in 11 rounds.

17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Erf. Doesn't seem worth it, then. :/ At least for Liadan on foot. Llucheden, though, there's a possibility...

18. Legendary Sidekick

Bah. Gotta sleep. But I rolled a kill.

19. Legendary Sidekick

That is right. 0 DEX mod; bronze armor for the +5 AC. (Same as Baldy, except she's given up armor for Lent ever.)

20. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Hrn. I think Cadell just did full damage to an already dead lizard, if his attack even hit. XD Oh well.