1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Maybe he was talking about Brok. Nissa wasn't sure.

Ireth likes this.
  2. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Hey, where should I post the stuff I bought? It looked like you posted in one of the forums for a while, but then I saw something about Google Drive? Though I didn't catch what needed to go on the Google Drive.

Thanks!

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

4. tbgg

tbgg Sage

OK. Here's to hoping I got both docs out to Steerpike!

5. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

6. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

It was Cadell who called Branwen over, not Baldhart.

7. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Fixed it.
    Skimmed over the posts and got that one wrong.

Ireth likes this.
  8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Hey cats. Nasty flu kicked my but yesterday. Update coming after work.

9. Legendary Sidekick

Wait… she went to Rik's to get us some food? And here Badly was thinking Callan's an expert huntress! Boy, is she in for a huge disappointment!

(Now that I'm done being a jerk about it, I edited that to say "Cali.")

10. Steerpike

Ha! Good catch :)

11. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Hey SP, I was going to ask and forgot. Does Cali get any additional coin for being 2nd level now?

Also, if Cali's latest question doesn't turn up anything useful (which I am mentally prepared for), I wanted to have her approach Dalla and offer to help amuse the kids. I was wondering if she could use her Illusionist Disguise ability to come up with some crude costumes so they can play dress-up? Or is her Disguise ability something she can only use on herself? If she has to have actual props to work with, can I swap out her First Aid spell for Prestidigitation since she hasn't done any magic yet? I was debating between those two when I chose my Level 0 spells and I'm starting to think Prestidigitation would be more useful.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  12. Legendary Sidekick

At the very least, it would be fun.

You may already realize that Lv.0 spells use 1MP in the game. But you also gain MP every hour, so you can afford a little downtime abuse of your powers. The good news (which you may or may not be aware of) is that SP made a house rule mid-game that Lv.0 spells never corrupt the caster.

13. Steerpike

Been out, but will post tonight. Anyone else want to act, go ahead and get your posts in. Will have answers for questions too :)

14. Steerpike

@tbgg

I don't see a rule for the gold. Just give her an additional 1.5x the starting amount, so if she starts with 100 normally, she'd have 250 to start at level 2, etc.

15. Steerpike

Trying to update from my new tablet but having technical issues. May need to go get my laptop.

16. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@SP
    I think I'm confused on the amount. She gets 100 at 1st level and 100 + (100 X 1.5) = 250 at second? Or is the 250 from adding the 100 at 1st to (100 X 1.5 = 150) for second?

Also, I need an answer about whether Cali's disguise ability can be used on others. If it is, I plan to give her a false backstory as a costumer for a traveling performance troupe, which she will use to help hide her Illusionist skills. If she can only use the disguise ability on herself, I need a new fake backstory!

17. Steerpike

I was thinking 250 total at second level (or whatever the number comes out to be based on starting gold).

As for the Disguise ability, I don't see any reason the Illusionist couldn't use the Disguise ability on others as well as herself. Having the ability, it shouldn't be hard for her to apply it to other people.

18. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Awesome! And then am I good to swap out First Aid for Prestidigitation? (That should be my last question!)

19. Steerpike

Yep, no problem :)

20. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Sorry I have been distracted.
    You can call me Grandpa Severin now.

My daughter gave birth Monday at 1:11.

Other daughter due May 7th, if I remember correctly.

Philster401 and Steerpike like this.