1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

I think that is part of a URL and auto-populated.

Ireth likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Ok you should have an invite as well.

3. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@SP:

I responded to the invite and am now trying to create Cali's character page, but I can't find a Submit or Create button on the New Character page! (D'oh!)

Never mind - I figured it out. I think I needed to set DE as my active campaign. (Either that, or I was confused by the fact that the create button appeared in a box that seemed to be an advertisement for upgrading to Ascendant, whatever that is.)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  4. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Got my avatar to upload. Will add characters later. Off to see Rogue 1 with friends...

...in 3eeee-Deeeeeeee!

Steerpike and Ireth like this.
  5. Legendary Sidekick

I still gotta figure out how to submit the character profile (or how to set DE as "active", if that's something I need to do), but since driving to work is the priority now, I will leave my house now and figure it out later.

6. tbgg

tbgg Sage

There's a menu option for adding various things. Character is one of them. The Create button is at the very bottom of that page, confusingly located in a block that appears to be an ad suggesting you ask your GM to upgrade. You set your active campaign in your user profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ireth likes this.
  7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Speaking of active campaigns... I was thinking of using Obsidian Portal as a base to create a game of my own (completely unrelated to DE), but so far I haven't found any part of the site that lets people actually PLAY a game on-site, rather than just making char sheets and the like. Does anyone else know otherwise? Or am I left to use another site, possibly this one, for actual gameplay?

8. Steerpike

There are forums there, I think. You could play in the forums. I'm not sure if there are other options available. I think the site is designed for supporting tabletop RPGs, not for running them. Depending on what you want to do, you could look at roll20.net or rpol.net.

9. Steerpike

Thanks for getting characters in Obsidian Portal, guys. I'm going to be putting in as much info as I can this week, with the goal of getting the first new game post up on Saturday.

10. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I'm pretty sure the forums are only available to people who pay to use the site. Which really isn't an option for me.

11. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

SeverinR is created on Obsidian portal.

12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Sev, you're gonna want to go to Aliron's character page and check the box that asks whether he's a player character. Right now he's showing up as an NPC.

Steerpike likes this.
  13. Steerpike

I have fixed it :)

Ireth likes this.
  14. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Did you delete the extras? I got side tracked and the old character disappeared so I figured I lost all the info, didn't realize it saved it each time.
    Will start on Bressel.

15. Steerpike

I did. There is only one Aliron now.

16. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

No world could survive 3 Alirons...

17. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@SP:

I've taken the liberty of continuing to add NPCs to the Obsidian Portal like you were doing in the hopes that it will help you when you're ready to get the game going again. I'm also going back in and setting the owner for the NPCs I've been creating to you. Let me know if any of that is a problem.

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  18. Steerpike

Yes, that's fine, thank you. I believe I left it so anyone can add or edit entries. I'm going to get more places in as well, in the Wiki. Only one there now. It will be a lot easier for people to find people and places to refresh their memory.

19. Legendary Sidekick

Baldhart gave up weapons in-game, but here she is as a shield maiden:
    [​IMG]

Steerpike and Ireth like this.
  20. Steerpike

Love it, LS :)