1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Sorry about your grandmother, SP.

Steerpike likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Thanks, guys. 101 is a good life. Have her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids all around, as well as numerous members of the community.

Legendary Sidekick and Ireth like this.
  3. Legendary Sidekick

Been a while since Baldy kicked down a door.

She's basically reacting to the none-may-enter from Conal--her way of putting the eff-you in Kung Fu.

tbgg and Ireth like this.
  4. Steerpike

Hey guys--got in last night. There was a nice service for my grandmother. Her kids, grandkids, great grandkids, lots of people from the community. This morning I'm catching up on work prior to a phone conference that I have to be ready for, and my post will come later in the day. Thanks, all.

5. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I was worried I missed out.
    I've been sick for last two days.

Steerpike likes this.
  6. Steerpike

I'm back on track now. Spent the last two days trying to catch up on work.

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I'm a tad disappointed Cadell's high charisma roll is apparently for naught. XD Oh well.

8. Steerpike

Grandmother with her parents. Looks like a cover from a weird twilight-zoney novel. I guess this is circa 1920:

[​IMG][/IMG]

Here, as a young woman:

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. Steerpike

Here I am (second from left) with two cousins and my grandparents (this is funny because my grandfather was actually a southern Baptist "preacher:"

[​IMG][/IMG]

And finally my grandmother in her mid to late 90s playing guitar:

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. Legendary Sidekick

Out shopping, but I just edited out a redundancy in Baldy's promise.

Not sure if the intimidate skill will help or hinder her attempt to keep Conal alive.

11. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@SP. Aww, I can't see your photos. Must be a limitation of Tapatalk...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Legendary Sidekick

@SP, what's the condition of the guardhouse door?

[A] detached from its hinges
    open and unable to close
    [C] open but still able to close

I was picturing A in my head, but based on your description, it's probably B. Not ruling out A or C though, which is why I ask.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Steerpike

yeah, B. It broke where the lock and jamb meet, busted that all up and can't close. But it's not off the hinges.

14. Steerpike

Hey Ireth - I missed Cadell's action before. Sorry. Don't know if we were posting at the same time or if it because I was trying to post from a mobile device and just didn't see it :/

Ireth likes this.
  15. Legendary Sidekick

I honestly don't know if Baldy's option is best. It sounds good on paper?

Last time I was in an RPG hostage negotiation, it didn't work out well for me!

Ireth likes this.
  16. Legendary Sidekick

In the interest of trying to trick the NPC, but not the GM, I PM'd Steerpike, letting him know that the oath to see the man through the door meant grabbing him and mashing his face into the door until he can bleed through it. That's why I wanted to know exactly where the door is.

Five seconds is up, so ironically, Baldhart not being oath-bound makes her less immediately deadly. Now she can step aside and let the party heart-seek, color-spray, horse-trample... well, maybe Cadell doesn't have his horse nearby, so he'll just have to join in on the post-color-spray beatings.

17. Steerpike

You guys see where I left Masama? :D

In my notes, he stayed at the Inn because of Dalla and the kids. But I can't see where I said that (maybe I'm overlooking it; maybe my notes are wrong!).

18. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@SP: Here's the second to last reference I saw to him:

The dwarves find a table in the common room to await Ingeborg, leaving those who wish to go upstairs with Cali to do so. Masama remains in the common room as well, taking a standing position near the front door and looking immovable as a tree stump.

In the final reference I saw, he was at he inn door in the same position.

Also, given that Color Spray goes out in a cone shaped emanation, I'm still waiting to hear if Cali can hit false Conal from around the corner of the guardhouse where she retreated to, and who else she is likely to hit. I won't cast until I know who else is in the spell's path. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Steerpike

So, it's a 15' cone effect, and every square through which the cone passes is effected. So, if C is Cali, and X is affected cones:

X X X
    X X X
    ..X
    ..C

It springs from Cali's hand and won't be able to turn corners. Depending on exactly where Cali is, the Conal-impostor will be in one of those Xs, which each X representing a five-foot square. From where he stands right now, there is no one else in the path except Conal. If he's still holding a knife at Conal's neck at any time, you can assume it'll effect Conal too.

If it comes to it, I can make a map, but I won't be back home until late tonight so it would probably be tomorrow. I like to make maps for most combats so everything is clear to people, but can answer questions as well.

The info re: Masama makes sense for me. I had intended him to stay at the inn.

20. Legendary Sidekick

I guess if he takes the knife off of Conal, there's no need to rush into an attack.

What makes this situation interesting is that I have no idea how illusionists work in C&C. I'm not looking up the class since my character should be clueless. It keeps things interesting. I'm trying to figure out how this guy can mess with our heads by letting go of the hostage.