1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Do I need to roll a WIS check or anything to examine Conal, or can I just go right to using healing spells?

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

If you want to look him over, you can just go ahead and examine him. Liadan will be able to get a good idea of how he is without a check, given her experience.

Ireth likes this.
  3. Steerpike

Ireth -

The two rolls are fine. That's plenty of healing to take care of anything life threatening (if the magic worked) and take care of any pain he's in.

Ireth likes this.
  4. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Not sure if it's a bluff or a goof (whether in or out of character), but Liadan serves a god, not a goddess. ^^ As of late she serves Fraxinus, the Star Archer. Formerly her god was Oercus, Lord of the Forests.

5. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Oops. A goof. She can correct Baldy in-game (uh..but later—not sure if Conal's going to attack the imposter or Baldhart).

Ireth likes this.
  6. tbgg

tbgg Sage

@LS: He's not necessarily an illusionist; we haven't seen him cast. He could be a rogue; I believe they have the same non-magical disguise ability to disguise themselves that illusionists have. (Illusionists have both disguise spells and the non-magical disguise ability) And the scar and use of the knife seem rather rogue-like to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I just checked the classes list -- Rogue (aka Thief) has no Disguise ability, but Assassin does. Was that what you're thinking of?

tbgg likes this.
  8. Legendary Sidekick

I'm thinking assassin given his ability to torture.

9. tbgg

tbgg Sage

assassin, thief, lol. I knew it was one of those sneaky criminal types! Yes, Ireth, assassin is probably what I'm thinking of. Thanks for clarifying.

Ireth likes this.
  10. tbgg

tbgg Sage

I don't know if this demon thingie is really a demon or just some kind of shapeshifter, but I feel sort of obligated to mention that this party did set a demon loose to wander the world for a year in order to get information from Calexa before she died, IIRC. One might argue that was Ankari's doing and he sorta did it without consulting everyone, but it's not like anyone tried all that hard to stop him. So Baldy might want to watch it - she's skirting the edges of hypocrisy in talking about it being bad to unleash a demon on the world. (Sorry, I don't especially enjoy mentioning that, I just feel obligated, and the Calexa story is one Cali doesn't know about in-game)

11. Legendary Sidekick

Baldy and Nissa don't know about that. Baldy was out of body and Nissa was spacing out (having trouble adjusting to controlling Baldhart's body). No one ever told them... and I'm fine with Baldy being clueless about that.

I'm pretty sure the gray guy's not a demon. I'm picturing an Area 51 alien.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  12. Steerpike

Ah, the creature isn't unclothed. I should have been more clear. It's still wearing an outfit similar to what the guards around Ballara tend to wear, it's just that it lacks visible features that make it identifiably male or female.

Ireth likes this.
  13. Legendary Sidekick

No biggie. Same assumption, different reasoning.

Steerpike likes this.
  14. Legendary Sidekick

@SP, I posted Baldy to clarify that Aliron is acting exactly as Baldhart expects. Rather than roll a readied action, I posted to clarify Baldy's thinking. The imposter will be allowed to walk past Baldy, assuming he's not about to turn into a land-kraken and tentacle-piledrive her through the guardhouse floor.

15. tbgg

tbgg Sage

Well, with all the folks coming from the palisade toward the guardhouse, I have to ask the question whether it still makes sense for Cali to try to Color Spray our gray man when he comes in sight. The one thing I don't want to do is get us in bad odor with the locals, especially considering we haven't yet given them the news about the orcs. So I'm going to ask everyone to make a vote - should Cali try to cast or not?

16. Legendary Sidekick

My guess is it's better not to.

Baldy's already doing something dishonorable. She did say her offer would expire in 5 seconds, and no promises were made to the imposter since then, but still… she's operating on the fact he seems conveniently ignorant. I expect the townsfolk also are unaware that Baldhart actually isn't going against her word.

Anyway, we have this:

FOR US - We saved Conal.
    AGAINST US - We're about to attack a cooperative enemy while he's cooperating. It's not honorable.
    FOR US? - Conal said he murdered someone. I suspect the priest is dead. Preventing a murderer's escape might trump lack of honor.

Magic would add an AGAINST US to that list. Maybe be in position in case he turns invisible? Can Cali purge invisibility or anything like that, just in case the imposter has such an ability?

17. tbgg

tbgg Sage

I've had Cali focus on picking up magic that can let Burnbright look like her and herself look like Burnbright, then she has Color Spray as a debilitation spell for combat, and then Prestidigitation, Influence, Ghost Sounds, Detect Illusion, and Read Magic. Considering she's only level 2, she doesn't have a lot of choices yet, . :/. Influence is usually used to slow someone else down long enough to do something else to them - it's not like Charm Person.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Influence is interesting.

Would it be obvious you're casting a spell if you cast Influence? (I'm wondering if some illusion spells are meant to not appear to be magic, such as disguise—if people don't see you put it on, of course.) If that's the case, Influence may play nicely into how Baldy will react to Aliron's arrow—that is, if she reacts before the imposter does.

19. tbgg

tbgg Sage

I can't tell about effects, but any hostile action on the part of the caster or his/her allies will break the spell.

20. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron's alignment and diety are a lot more forgiving then Baldharts.

He needs to do a little more evil now and then.