Welcome to the Dragon's Egg RPG subforum

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Hey guys, been traveling the last couple of days but will be back at my computer today!

Ireth likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Hey guys I was stuck out of town due to weather. No cell service. Back now and will be at my office this afternoon with my computer. Sorry about the delay.

Ireth likes this.
  3. Steerpike

Sorry guys, I totally fell asleep when I got home. I should have posted before I slumped onto the bed. I was going to read for half an hour, then catch up on the game and do some laundry. Nope. Woke up seven hours later :D

Post is up now, though.

4. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick Staff Moderator

Did Alin's sleep arrow hit the shape-shifter or you?

5. Steerpike

So that's what it was! I don't usually fall asleep without warning like that. Bloody Aliron!

6. Steerpike

Well, Burnbright is 12-13ish.

7. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

I'm not sure how to have my characters react to the creature being hit, since I'm not sure either of them could see its true form in the first place. So I have no idea if this reveal would come as a surprise or not.

8. Steerpike

i don't think either saw it's true form previously.

Ireth likes this.
  9. Legendary Sidekick

I didn't voice Baldy's line of thinking, but Cali pretty much nailed it.

Even if we end up sparing the creature (doubtful), I think the arrow isn't wasted here. With the shape-shifter KO'd, the people of Ballara can decide its fate without being enraged by battle. That's assuming they don't tear into him while Baldy's sitting on him.

10. SeverinR

SeverinR Valar Lord

I think Aliron explained his side of the "deal" pretty well. It also allowed the people a say in what happens to the attacker. He also has less honor expected from his position as a monk(and former thief) for a neutral evil diety.

Steerpike, I didn't think about it until now.
    So will ask for future.
    Can the Heartbow missle attack be used with thief sneak attack (as long as the missle weapon rules are met, ie within 30feet? (+4damage)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Steerpike

Good question. I'll look to see if there is a rule on that. Normally, magic weapons stack with sneak attack. Can't think of why this would be different.

12. Legendary Sidekick

With Brynhild, I play the chaotic-good card.

Lawful = the rules matter.
    Chaotic = screw the rules.
    Good = the innocent matter.

Evil = screw the innocent.
    Neutral = meh.

Ireth likes this.
  13. Legendary Sidekick

@SP,

Got a chance to roll while I'm out. (I can only post text on my phone.) I thought Nissa might need a good CHA check to get miffed NPCs to stay still and hear her out.

Also, Rolz now has you type # before the roll:

So Nissa rolled #d20+3+3+2 #CHA

Steerpike likes this.
  14. Legendary Sidekick

I suppose, based on post length, if Conal lets Baldy move the body out, Nissa won't really need to ask Fr. Adelbrandt's fate. Baldy will probably have him out the door by the time Nissa arrives.

(She did guess Fr. Adelbrant was dead in an earlier post, and at that time I really didn't know the priest died. I just guessed so because of his apparent absence.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  15. SeverinR

SeverinR Valar Lord

16. Philster401

Philster401 Scribal Lord

Hello it has been a while. How has everyone been? I have had a busy past few months but I graduated from high school yesterday and will hopefully have more time to join RPG again at least for a while, so I have a couple of questions.

1) What has been happening lately? In-game/Out-game if you want.
    2) If I want to can I join back in? if I can what do I need to do?
    3) this one is more more of a statement I joined obsidian Portal because I wanted to look back and see if I could get a start on trying to catch up on what has happened and my username is the same as it is on here: Philster401

17. Steerpike

Hi Phil--the game has been on a bit of a hold, and it is entirely my fault. Work has been crazy the last year or so. I want to start it up again, but I don't want to waste the time of my players if I have to stop yet again. I have a trial coming up in September, and I'll be out of town living from a suitcase for probably a full month. The lead up to that is going to be hectic as well. Within the next week or two I should have an idea as to whether the game is workable during that time period or whether I have to put it off longer.

It is unfortunate. I enjoy the game a great deal. You can always join back in when we restart.

Philster401 likes this.
  18. Philster401

Philster401 Scribal Lord

Ok thank you good luck on your case.

Steerpike likes this.
  19. Legendary Sidekick

Hi philster! I also keep checking back, and will jump right back in when SP is able to restart.

Congrats on your graduation!

Steerpike likes this.
  20. Philster401

Philster401 Scribal Lord

Thank you LS. Hope everyone has a great summer.