• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

what are you doing

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...me, I'm writing out this text because I feel no forum is ever really complete without a "what are you doing" thread..." mentioned the goblin, whereupon the captain shouted "...each man to his posts I tell you, for those readers are upon us now and we must sport with them with all that merits our name as ruthless writers here lest we flounder now, boson steady as she goes, this sea is ours for the taking and take it we will for sure...")

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well, when I'm not battling trolls of their forum, I'm helping writers on their forums I suppose, between doing the rounds elsewhere now..." replied the goblin, adding "...and I suppose too, the hardest part and yet the most rewarding part as well, is the simple fact that the "livewriter" is never far from oblivion, in that if he or she ever stops posting, then the show continues without one and one is forgotten, while at the same time these forum/venues start up and fold with infuriating repetition, so one has to be across many now, as if one is writing upon the sand between the tides perhaps...")

Sparkie

Auror
I'm doing laundry. And typing. And watching The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. And eating Whoppers brand malted milk balls. And picking up my guitar at odd intervals to practice a new song I've written.

Yes, I'm a bit crazy.

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin was waiting for some gust of imagination to carry him off again, no, not that he disliked his dailylife at all, just that it was so thankfully limited to that same old known reality each time, in fact, it almost seemed a strange truth now, so much so, that the goblin suddenly laughed at himself saying "...it's funny the way one just yearns for all these silly distractions only to regret that one's life has then passed by in doing them..." but even now the goblin just waited upon his imagination for the next all enthralling daydream "...oh no, not yet another daydreaming mind in AWOL..." came the voice from the heavenly clouds above but the goblin by then was miles away

scarecrow.jpg

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin is redoing today those habits of yesterday before he redoes them again tomorrow, saying "...force of habit is a prison that doesn't need bars...", to which the goblin then added "...what changes with time is one's ability, and one's perspective with it, otherwise it the same thing year after year...", not that the goblin minded where there was no choice, in that one had to eat, sleep, bath and the like, but there were other less obvious habits that, if not seen to, would simply continue unseen like that skin cancer that one doesn't feel until it is too late, "...me, I'm stocktaking my habits this morning..." replied the goblin in answer to the question "what are you doing", and the list of habits was quite extensive

wsadw.jpg

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
"...most of human interaction, and resulting conversation, is just saying that which is expected of one so that one can get back to more important things like daydreaming or reasoning other things in the back of one's mind..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so why challenge, thus becoming ostracized by doing so, any expected norm where one can remain hidden in full view by simply playing the expected part and saying the right words with it...", simply 99% of ones whole life slips under the attention radar like this, 1% is actually retained in memory form through some aroused emotional awareness towards it, simply one lives a life that one mostly forgets

460bush2.jpg

Xanados

Maester
"...most of human interaction, and resulting conversation, is just saying that which is expected of one so that one can get back to more important things like daydreaming or reasoning other things in the back of one's mind..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so why challenge, thus becoming ostracized by doing so, any expected norm where one can remain hidden in full view by simply playing the expected part and saying the right words with it...", simply 99% of ones whole life slips under the attention radar like this, 1% is actually retained in memory form through some aroused emotional awareness towards it, simply one lives a life that one mostly forgets

460bush2.jpg

Okay, maybe I have missed the specific post of yours that detailed why, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to attach random pictures every time you post.

On topic: Revising my 3 1/2 page short story to be posted tommorow.

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well now, would you like me to explain the connection of the picture to its post now, I can if you wish, so which one don't you get then..." asked the goblin always friendly, knowing that someone who never posted pictures often missed the meaning within them, illustrating came with practice, adding "...anyway, I'm glad you're asking questions now, would you like me to delete my pictures then...")

"...me, I'm reading this wonderful post by admin now..." mentioned the goblin in approval and in need of a little practice then

http://mythicscribes.com/forums/news-announcements/2045-how-use-images-your-posts.html

HAPPY.jpg

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin was slowly absorbing the gist of the text written on a fair sized tin of rat poison he was holding, something like warning, contains a very slow acting poison that works rather like your dailylife does. save that it's both cheaper and less bother, thank you for reading this, and have a nice day human, yours sincerely, the resident rodents, "...so those rats are on to a good thing then, right, the kettle has boiled, now where's that coffee jar..." voiced the goblin aloud to himself over his laptop this breakfast time, "...actually, it's the same tin goblin..." came the small voice from a crack in the wall

Esquilofeliz-1.gif

Last edited:
I am doing several things at the same time... Smiling at the fact that I have created another child.. Finishing a bottle of local Chardonnay, and regretting that I have not been active in this rich community lately… Oh, and I am watching Dazed and Confused.

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin was trying to think of faraway places, yet now and again the cold cut through into his thoughts as that ever bitter wind somehow peculated from outside into the silent sitting room today, outside, where the sun should have been, a dull lit sky told the goblin yet again that without gloves and a scarf his hands and face would simply burn stiff with cold, and that it was through this harsh gauntlet of cold then that the wretched goblin now had to go for those groceries once more, "...pass, give this fate to someone else, some super hero, I am not worthy, no, please no..." sighed the goblin in vain recalling those images of the titanic colliding with that grocery cart and then slowly sinking into the sea of supermarket indifference as he opened the front door taking those first steps once more to the words "...for whom the gods wish to destroy they first send them shopping through all this then..."

ice-age-8.jpg

fleamailman

Closed Account
the goblin is now vaguely watching his son try out his new game on his playstation called "doommagi" where the box, written in german and as far as the goblin could make out, reads: "a realtime action packed game here, where you get to chose between one of three heroic wise men balthasar, gaspar, and melchior where, while trying to keep up with the traversing star, you relentlessly battle your way through those throngs of head-counting minions of the evil herrod on to bethlehem, collecting gold, frankincense and myrrh, only stopping to trade at the taverns for lifepoints, weapon/armour upgrades, and camel speedups", to which, the goblin admitted to himself that he might in fact be reading the explanation on the back to the box slightly wrong then

0052-Desert-01.jpg

Last edited:

Dakkle

Dreamer
I'm listening to rugby highlights, checking out a random name generator and going over the new and improved plot I've started writing. It's only a few subtle changes but they mean a lot to me.