1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What writing magazines do you read?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dwarven Gold, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dwarven Gold

Dwarven Gold Minstrel

Do you read any writing magazines? I used to subscribe to Writer's Digest and The Writer. Now I only get The Writer.

What are some others?

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Auror

I get and read The Bulletin, which is the SFWA's periodical.

3. JCFarnham

JCFarnham Auror

Might be digging up dead threads ... but I tend to buy a publication simply entitled "Writing" which we get here in the UK. It's articles are suprising inciteful consider I tend to get bored by the same old advice on writing over and over in a different order ;)

4. Chilari

Chilari Staff Moderator

JCFarnham: is there a website for that? I tried Google, but predictably it came up with sites about writing for magazines, generic discussions about magazines about writing, and whatnot, but not the actual magazine.

5. JCFarnham

JCFarnham Auror

I don't know.. I tend to pick it up at the news agents on the off chance the have it rather than subscribe, which is good because I'm not a loyal magazine reader haha.

Tell you what though, I'll see if I can find a publisher, or the very least the editors name or something that you can tag onto your searchs. If you happen to see it in a shop, the Sept issue is the writing magazine with the Author of the Gruffalo on the cover haha