• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What's a place to post early ideas, rejected ideas, joke ideas or conlang details?

I think every writer comes up with ideas that they later decide to drop, and I'm curious to learn about the writer's rejected ideas, (assuming they're not too embarrassing,) and ideas they came up with early in their writing process, that perhaps later morph into quite different ideas. I imagine it might help other potential writers learn about the writing process.

There doesn't seem to be a forum specifically for conlangs, either.

Also, I feel in the mood for joke worldbuilding ideas, perhaps ideas that you don't seriously intend to put into a world. Probably more like traditional comedy than say, r/worldjerking, because the latter seems to be designed to be as obnoxious as possible, no offence. (I find reading the posts on r/worldjerking rather annoying.)

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Conlangs would fall under the World Building forum.

Id' suggest any discussion of story ideas, used or not, would fall under the Brainstorming & Planning forum. Since you're discussing the processes involved, that seems to make sense.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by comedy world building or worldjerking, but I'd think that'd also fall under the World Building forum.