1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Where would be the best place on this site to post a tease for my book?

Discussion in 'Writing Discussions' started by Arranah, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Arranah

Arranah Troubadour

I've been looking around, trying to decide. I'd like feed back. I kind of suck at the book tease.

2. Lynea

Lynea Troubadour

Why not post in multiple places?

3. Arranah

Arranah Troubadour

Hmm, that seems redundant. I'll have to think about that one. Thanks.

4. Lynea

Lynea Troubadour

Ok, then I recommend the portfolio section and using some book promotion tags.

5. joshua mcdermott

joshua mcdermott Troubadour

Dark Lord Thomas Pie likes this.
  6. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

If you're looking for feedback on a book teaser then Critique Requests is a good bet. The Marketing forum would work too.

Dark Lord Thomas Pie likes this.
  7. Arranah

Arranah Troubadour

Thank you all. I thought of the critique section, but it talks about manuscripts. This is just a tease. In the portfolio section it's supposed to be my best work - well, the book may be my best work, but the tease sucks. Marketing also seems like a good choice. I debated both of them. No conclusions yet. Grin.

8. Lynea

Lynea Troubadour

Hmm. When you say tease, do you mean a synopsis? If you'd like, you can also tease by posting a chapter or a smaller excerpt. Portfolios are great for that.

9. Arranah

Arranah Troubadour

No, by tease I mean the blurb that your read inside a book cover to entice people to take a further look. I'm not going to post a chapter or a synopsis. I don't need help with that. On this site I am not looking for buyers for my book. In this case I'm looking for writing advice on how to do a better job on this tease.

10. Lynea

Lynea Troubadour

Oh, ok. Then yeah, I know the critique forum is mostly manuscripts and stuff but you should post the tease you've written there and see what people say.

11. Arranah

Arranah Troubadour

Thanks. I just posted it there. :)