1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Which Game of thrones family do you connect with and use your family motto.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, Jan 29, 2013.

1. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Which Game of Thrones family do you connect with and use your family motto.

I connect with Stark, "Winter is coming."

2. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

House Martell of Dorne, both because they're awesome and they have the best motto. "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken."

They also have the coolest city name (Sunspear), and the coolest banner.
    [​IMG]

3. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

At work couldn't post the Stark's crest. Not sure I cold do it at home either.

4. WyrdMystic

WyrdMystic Inkling

Ahhh...the Bundy's not a real answer? I'd have to say Stark then.

5. Kit

Kit Maester

I come from Michigan, where Winter is pretty much always Coming.... so, yeah. :cold:

6. RDelaval

RDelaval Acolyte

Winter is always coming for me (I live in the snow belt) and I rescue huskies and wolfdogs, so I guess Stark. Or perhaps a wildling. ;)

7. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Crest; quarterback pass position icon.

LOL

WyrdMystic likes this.
  8. Nihal

Nihal Vala

At first I would say no noble family or some wildling clan. Then, I rembered the Targaryens.

[​IMG]

Motto: Fire and Blood.

Not because they're powerful. Not because they have dragons and act cool. Not because they like incests.

I like hot weather, hahaha! I hate it when silly people wants Rio de Janeiro to have a canadian weather and I almost laugh maniacally when the temperature rises to 42ºC records - so, they get punished for their foolishness. Not that I'm ok with this temperature, but I just can't bear cold weather. My baths often are scalding-hot as Daenerys's. I've discovered I can spill boiling coffee or oil on my hands and do not get burnt so easily (still HURTS!).

Well, some of the Targaryens are also mad and have mood swings, I guess it fits well. ;x

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. SlimShady

SlimShady Troubadour

[​IMG]

"Our Blades are Sharp."

House Bolton, because I find them quite threatening and menacing. Roose Bolton is one of the most memorable villains from the entire series IMHO.

10. Renos

Renos Minstrel

Targaryens "Fire and Blood"

Quite simply because I like reading bloody novels in a quiet night next to the fire

11. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Hoping Jeoffry gets a crown fit for a king from the Targaryens just like the other one.

12. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I'm not sure in what point of the story the TV serie is, I only saw one or two episodes and it seemed good. For your sake I'm going to refrain from telling any book's spoilers. Yes, I must... refrain from... *grins*

13. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I disliked the one that got it, but the "king" deserves it so much more.
    I am one season behind, only watched the first season, 2nd is pre-ordered.(Blu-ray!) Feb 19th.

So people that have HBO, might know something I don't, I am sure the readers do. Haven't motivated enough to read the book.

14. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

[​IMG]

Assuming the above is a fake, I'll go with "Honed and Ready." (Cerwyn)

15. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

favorite quote:
    "You're no bastard." Jon Snow
    "All Dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes!" Tyrion Lannister

16. PlotHolio

PlotHolio Sage

House Youngster is real. Lord Joseph Youngster is in the top percentage of Lords.

17. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Is it from the book? I don't remember it in the series. I'm not sure they go into that much detail, just focus on the main families.
    And it isn't in the crest's they've created so far.

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2011/09/08/the-full-game-of-thrones-family-crest-line-up/

Noticed a web site saying GOT has killed a child for the third straight episode. (Season one)
    The butchers son(for Prince Jeoffry's embarrassment), the boy Arya kills(trying to steal her needle), who was the third?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  18. GrimDane

GrimDane New Member

House Lannister.

Tyrion Lannister is my favorite character in the Game of Thrones. Started reading GoT last Christmas and I'm hooked, bought A Clash of Kings this year despite having a good 350 pages left for the first one.

19. Regrix

Regrix Dreamer

In days past it would have been "Winter is Coming" as I like the nobility that the Starks represented under Eddard. Though in recent times I've had something of a polar shift. Now it's "Fire and Blood"

Though I hold a strong fondness for Tyrion and Bron. I'm a fan of anyone who can put that little turd Joffry in his place. As it happens Tyrion is the ONLY Lannister I have any tolerance for.

I also have a fondness for Arya Stark... One of the most impressive characters in the books/series i.m.o.

20. House Hot Pie!