• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Witty greeting

Smith

Minstrel
Greetings.

Since NaNoWriMo I've been looking for a similar, genre specific, forum where I can procrastinate doing any actual writing by pretending to research, world-build, pry into the plots, settings and lives of the characters of fellow writers, and generally feel part of a writing community, so I'm hoping I've found the very thing.

A Brit by birth and by soul, I'm twenty-five and in denial about that fact, I live in England with my Texan wife, and aside from the obvious, my favourite genres are horror, westerns and anything weird. I've been writing for years, but my original work has often suffered in favour of fanfiction - no more! This year I won NaNo for the first time, though I've participated to varying degrees since 2007 and never, until now, managed to claim victory on one project under solely my own steam. Buoyed by this success, I'm determined to devote more time to this handsome fantasy novel that's eaten my brain, and the genre in general.

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Greetings.

I've been looking for a similar, genre specific, forum where I can procrastinate doing any actual writing by pretending to research, world-build, pry into the plots, settings and lives of the characters of fellow writers, and generally feel part of a writing community.

You copied and pasted our site description. I'll have to check with the Council of Moderators to see if we should allow such a thing. If no specific guideline has been created, we will hold a 4 month meeting to reach a general consensus. Be forewarned. We have our eyes on you.

By the way, welcome.

Welcome to the Scribes Smith. Congratulations on slinging the fan fiction, I look forward to seeing you flourish into the writer you can be. After your plagiarism case has been considered of course. ;)

JRFLynn

Sage
Hello! Congrats on your NanoWrimo, Smith. Finishing is tough, it's great that you were able to win. Good luck on your future escapades, welcome to the gang.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Smith.
Welcome and make yourself at home.
[and so far no-one has mentions halflings, beer, stew or the Dragon out the back - that must be some sort of record...]

Smith

Minstrel
Welcome to the scribes, where I hang out when I'm not speaking to my novel. Hope you have fun here.
I rather suspect this will become a home-away-from-novel for me, too.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, threats and the congratulations on the NaNo win. It was one of the best things that happened to me all year, because I fell in love with writing in my own worlds all over again. I just hope I can make something of it. My only official new year's resolution is to finish the first draft, at least.

Ruby

Auror
Hi Smith, and welcome. I did NaNoWriMo for the first time this year and "won" it, which means I'd written the first few chapters of a book. Like you, I recently joined this site as I needed an excuse to procrastinate. Actually, it's been very interesting so far..

Smith

Minstrel
Welcome Smith! We have a Procrastinator's Anonymous group here if you care to join. Wait. No, we don't have that. I've been meaning to make it though...
I believe you. Maybe one day, after you do that thing and that other thing and oh you should really do that other, other thing first, too. Thanks for the welcome!