• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Write online? Join WeSeWriMo: the writing marathon where you pick the goal!

kira

Announcing WeSeWriMo 2013 -- the Seventh Annual Web Serial Writing Month

Hi everyone, I'm Kira, the admin/co-founder of the EpiGuide webfiction and webseries community, which has been around since 1998. I'm here to invite you to participate in our seventh annual month-long writing marathon, starting on August 1 and running until August 31, where creators of online serialized fiction in any form are challenged to write like you've never written before. And it's not your typical writing challenge, because this time you are in charge of setting your own ambitious goal.

If you write or are interested in developing anything from webserials to ebooks to webcomics to video webseries to Twitter fic to chapbooks to internet radio plays to serialized novels and anything else created regularly for the entertainment of the online and mobile audience, this is the marathon just for you. As I mentioned above, befitting a project as individual as yours, with WeSeWriMo you pick your own goal. 1K words a day? Two installments a week? 40K words and a set of new character biographies or other extras? It's totally up to you. The EpiGuide celebrates the ingenuity and variety of writing for the web, and we wouldn't dream of imposing a strict, arbitrary number on you.

Visit Web Serial Writing Month: Writing Marathon for New Media for complete details. You'll need a free EpiGuide forum account to sign up, but once that's taken care of you're ready to post on our official sign-up thread and add your series/project to the list. Deadline for registration is August 1.

WeSeWriMo is about breaking a new path in a new world of entertainment and publishing. As fantasy writers you create new realms as well. So don't play by the rules--make your own!

Hope you guys consider participating! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We also have a FAQ that answers a lot of the basics.

About the EpiGuide: In addition to having a forum (though not nearly as active as Mythic Scribes, alas, being more of a niche segment of the writing community :D), the EpiGuide also produces regular podcast called the EpiCast devoted to webfiction, and we're always looking for installment recaps, news, questions and discussion topics, so if you have any thoughts please send them along! You may have heard of the EpiGuide courtesy of our popular Character Chart, which many authors of all kinds have found quite useful. And finally we also have a directory where webfiction serial authors can promote their serials.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! And I hope you'll consider participating in WeSeWriMo this year. It's a great way to keep yourself motivated to write, not to mention jump-starting a new project if you've been considering writing a webserial but haven't yet leaped into the abyss.

Thanks again to the Mythic Scribes community for letting me share our project with you.