• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writer's Digest Self-Published Writing Competition

Phin Scardaw

Troubadour
I'm happy to announce that today I received by express post the two fantasy novels I've self-published with Lulu.com and I was able to send them off with the $175USD entry fee ($100 for first entry, $75 for additional entry) to the Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Awards. (Link attached below)

The deadline for submission is tomorrow (April 20, 2012) for this year's contest, so I was stressing a little about whether the books I'd ordered would arrive on time. Lulu is POD and it's never quite clear when the books one orders will arrive - but so far they've always been professionally prompt.

Entering this Contest is one of my Major Goals for 2012, as the chief set-back one has with self-publishing is developing a solid reputation and even getting Honourable Mentions will help me gain credibility - but of course I'm crossing my fingers for the Grand Prize!!!

The contest is only for Self-Published Authors, and there are nine placements for First Prize, as well as one Grand Prize winner. I think my chances are pretty good, and I'm really excited for October when the winners will be announced.

I just wanted to share this news with my new online pals here at Mythic Scribes (although I wasn't sure if I should post this under News & Announcements - a forum which seems dominated a bit by too many sticky threads, or so it appears at first glance).

So everyone: Wish me Luck!

And thanks again, all of you, for your comments and encouragement. I'll keep you posted on any updates!

Phin

Self-Published Authors: Enter Our Self-Published Writing Competition! | WritersDigest.com
Phin Scardaw's Books and Publications Spotlight