• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing Processes

Anybody got any wierd and wonderful writing processes to share?

Personally I don a stetson whilst I write, not because I particularly like cowboys, just because stetson's are cool and I feel I should be at my coolest when I enter an epic battle against the ancient foe of a blank MS Word document.

A girl at uni said she always had to exfoliate to write her best, apparently the removal of dead skin and literary genious go hand in hand...but to be fair to her she was a bloody good writer.

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I don't have any odd quirks, but I do like to tidy up before doing any creative. I also like to organise my workspace, though doing so usually halts my productivity, more often than not.

I have a rasberry beret ... No really I do!
I crank out the old 80's tunes, maybe bust a less than graceful move, and stare at the hat when I get stuck.

Shadoe

Sage
I have to sit down in front of the computer, X out of Firefox, and open one of my text files. You would not believe how difficult this process can be on some days.

For instance, I should be writing Right Now.

I leave Firefox open, since I'm always tabbing over to consult the thesaurus and online reference material. I did have to blackhole reddit in my hosts file so that I wasn't always wasting time there, though. I'm glad to say I haven't really missed it. It was fun, but it was essentially a timewaster.