• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Xcom: enemy unknown

Zenke

Scribe
Has anyone played this reboot of the classic Ufo: enemy unknown yet? I love that your soldiers aren't invincible, once they die they are gone. It adds a whole extra level of intensity to the game, especially if your in a pitched battle against Mutons and your favorite sniper gets powned into unconciousness. I almost got my second favorite character killed saving her. I managed to avoid any more deaths (the first few missions took some casualties) until the very end where the only one left standing was my name sake while all my other soldiers were killed in various ways, except one who was just KO'd but i'm not sure if Zenke stopped to drag her to the ship or not, and my favorite sniper sacrificed herself to, well, you'll see if you play.

I enjoyed this game allot, its addictive so much i started a new game on a higher difficulty. There's allot of strategy to it, having better weapons and armor doesn't guarantee a win, and sometimes the aliens will catch you unaware and make you pay for any mistakes you might make. So who's played and finished it? Tell your soldiers story.