• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

YAY!!!! Found an artist!

morfiction

Troubadour
His name is Michel B. and I think his art is going to bring new life to my stagnant ideas.

knight3.png

The knight in the background is at the top of a cliff.

EDIT: Oops! Wrong forum?

Last edited:

morfiction

Troubadour
Hi. I am the artist of Dove and Crow. Mike is liberal in writing, and so am I in art. He's also a kind spirit, not delusional in professional artwork, but want progress.

You're darn right, Dance. Progress in a project that for me is something. I started the books of which D&C is the first when I was not just a wet-behind-the-ears teenager but absolutely soaked with the stuff of imagination. I am in my mid 30s now and barely able to chisle out some passages in the book which are not fit for mass market audience, doing edits. New material is few and far to come by.

He knows that I have a real life too aside from his hobby, and that I can not put full time into this. I am not ready yet to work on an art piece for 10 hours summed up.

Oh we all have real lives. Lives with interactions we cannot inticipate. New friendships always on the horizon to make some older acquaintances pall. I just think it's awesome you're willing to take your time with a fogy like me. Thanks to you beleiving the book is worhty of being illustrated, I think the new version of the book shall be polished up AND submitted for mass market publishing.

Talk aside, here is the image for the introduction part, not approved yet by Mike.

Oh I just love it! The crow, scavenger that he is, is shown in more detail than the poor dove he is feasting upon. It's awesome how the dove is dying so it is fading from the scene into a corona of whiteness. I also love the play of shadows you used.
The scene is far less bloody than I imagined it but that is good! I wouldn't add any more. Just the sight of that few splashes of red and the shading of the pink into the feathers of the dove!

Now that that is accomplished, I have several scenes I can excerpt for you that I feel are vivid enough to illustrate.

I shall pay you handsomely for your efforts... next month. This month I just have enough funds left over for a car inspection. ...

The young albino boy blinded.

Ah, good. Very magical in presentation. Quite exactly as I described (as if he were in a tunnel or a well).
I like it! Nice color choices as well.

Last edited: