• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Yo Scribes!

Ddruid

Minstrel
Yo Scribes! My name's Ddruid. Originally it was supposed to be Druid but because of a typing error, I accidentally added another 'd'. I don't mind. In fact, I think the name looks better than before. Now that I think of it, a plain, simple 'druid' would've sounded a bit boring.

So here I am, then! Mythic Scribes. Land of the fantasy geeks. :) Ahh, my kin. I was directed here by my good friend advait98. Hopefully, some of you know him. He's been here a while but he takes a while to make friends. Poor fella. (Ahem, in case you're reading this, that was just a joke, eh buddy.:D)

Though I certainly aspire to be a fantasy writer, as of know, I hone my skills by writing fanfiction. I do it just to please myself and to get the chance to write about some of my favorite characters. I also have an account on wattpad where you'll be quite surprised at the quality of stories you can find.

Well, what more can I say? I love fantasy. You love fantasy. Let's be friends!

P.S I also am a Doctor Who fan.

Good to finally see you here, Ddruid, I've been waiting a while for you to join in. I like it that you dedicated a whole paragraph of your introduction to me, half of which is utter hogwash. I do not take a while to make friends. Just because there aren't a lot on show doesn't mean I don't have any. I mean, look at you, you're just for show, and look where that got me. ;)

But enough of digs. This is a fantastic place, and friendly, yes, extremely friendly. And extremely helpful.

So enjoy yourself, man. You won't tire of it, I guarantee that. Cheers.

Advait.

Jess A

Archmage
Advait98 is a cruel person indeed to invite you here. You should question his motives!

Jokes :) Welcome!

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Ddruid. Hehe, and even if it is a typographic error, your name is certainly unique. The extra "D" could stand for any number of abbreviations, too.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. ^^

As has been said, a huge welcome Ddruid. you will love this site, it has already been a huge help to me, and i hope it will be the same to you. take a look around! there's a ton of great info here, and all the member's (that i have met) have been helpful and friendly. happy writing! \V/

Ddruid

Minstrel
Wow, you guys are friendly. advait was right. Dear me, now that is weird.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I really appreciate you opening your arms to me. Are you this pleasant and approachable towards all newbies or was there something innate about me that attracted you? I'm kinda hoping it's the latter.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Ddruid. Hehe, and even if it is a typographic error, your name is certainly unique. The extra "D" could stand for any number of abbreviations, too.

Actually SeleneHime (mind if I call you Selene), the typographic error occured when I was making my account on wattpad. I liked the way it turned out so I decided to stick with it. :) I would encourage you guys to check that site out. You can find some amazing stories there from a variety of genres.

As has been said, a huge welcome Ddruid. you will love this site, it has already been a huge help to me, and i hope it will be the same to you. take a look around! there's a ton of great info here, and all the member's (that i have met) have been helpful and friendly. happy writing! \V/

Ah! A fellow druid! Sup, brother? Heheh, thanks for the welcome druidofwinter. I'm really looking forward to talking with you guys. It's exciting to be around people who share the same interests as me. Especially when you don't actually know them. They could be anybody! That makes it even more exciting. (Especially since all the people I do know are mostly complete morons. Can't believe one of them is actually on this forum.)

I'm wondering whether it was the right decision to invite him here... maybe I am a moron. Jess, is that the beginnings of a scheme I see simmering over there? (Poor guy doesn't know a thing).

Later, Ddruid, I have more important things to do. Try to keep a clean record here... you're seriously the most conniving person I know.

Last edited:

Ddruid

Minstrel
I'm wondering whether it was the right decision to invite him here... maybe I am a moron.

Is that a confession?

Jess, is that the beginnings of a scheme I see simmering over there? (Poor guy doesn't know a thing).

Later, Ddruid, I have more important things to do. Try to keep a clean record here... you're seriously the most conniving person I know.

And just how many people do you know personally speaking?

Don't listen to him Jess. Believe me, I've been questioning his motives since the day I met him. I see from your title that you're an old school Scribes member. advait never did know how to respect his seniors. I think I'll have to talk to him.

So, subtle insults and snide comments aside, could someone explain how the reputation system works? Or is there some FAQ page where I can read that up? Just curious about it.

Reputation, as far as i know is when you post on a thread E.G. answer a question. and someone say's thank you. (the button in the bottom left corner) there may be other way's to build it up but i am unaware of them at the moment.
correct me if i'm wrong moderator's.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
2 ways to build up people's reputation: the "thanks" button, as druidofwinter said, and the little button next to it that's shaped kinda like a Star of David. That gives rep points without the "thanks".

Jess A

Archmage
Is that a confession?

And just how many people do you know personally speaking?

Don't listen to him Jess. Believe me, I've been questioning his motives since the day I met him. I see from your title that you're an old school Scribes member. advait never did know how to respect his seniors. I think I'll have to talk to him.

That's right...I demand respect from bottom feeding scum like advait!! :p

I'm wondering whether it was the right decision to invite him here... maybe I am a moron. Jess, is that the beginnings of a scheme I see simmering over there? (Poor guy doesn't know a thing).

A scheme? Me? -innocent- who do you think I am? we will talk later about the scheme - shhhh

2 ways to build up people's reputation: the "thanks" button, as druidofwinter said, and the little button next to it that's shaped kinda like a Star of David. That gives rep points without the "thanks".

Yes indeed. I gave you (DDruid) a rep point using the star - hopefully it worked. I think when you give thanks to someone as well, you might receive reputation points. Best way to raise your reputation is to be pleasant and to get involved in the topics, plus commenting and offering feedback on people's stuff in the Showcase. Otherwise, really it's just a measure of how involved you are and how useful your replies are. If you're not online often you won't have much reputation!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Best way to raise your reputation is to be pleasant and to get involved in the topics, plus commenting and offering feedback on people's stuff in the Showcase. Otherwise, really it's just a measure of how involved you are and how useful your replies are. If you're not online often you won't have much reputation!

Indeed. Also, giving other people rep for their feedback is a nice way to encourage them to give back. What goes around, comes around :)

Ddruid

Minstrel
Yes indeed. I gave you (DDruid) a rep point using the star - hopefully it worked.

I do believe it did. Now I've got 18 rep points already. I'm guessing that's good, right? Thanks for that Jess.

I think when you give thanks to someone as well, you might receive reputation points. Best way to raise your reputation is to be pleasant and to get involved in the topics, plus commenting and offering feedback on people's stuff in the Showcase. Otherwise, really it's just a measure of how involved you are and how useful your replies are. If you're not online often you won't have much reputation!

Well, I do have a pleasant personality (in case you haven't noticed). Hopefully, that'll help. I'm not sure if I'll always be online regularly but don't worry. I promise that when I make a post, I'll always try to make it meaningful and contribute towards the discussion. After all, it's not the number of posts but the posts themselves which really count.

As of now, I'm just seeing if I can try to get my first five posts in one thread. Just for the heck of it, really. I'm really itching to get into the thick of things on Mythic Scribes.

Jess A

Archmage
I do believe it did. Now I've got 18 rep points already. I'm guessing that's good, right? Thanks for that Jess.

Yes I did give you the points and yes that is good!

Well, I do have a pleasant personality (in case you haven't noticed). Hopefully, that'll help. I'm not sure if I'll always be online regularly but don't worry. I promise that when I make a post, I'll always try to make it meaningful and contribute towards the discussion. After all, it's not the number of posts but the posts themselves which really count.

As of now, I'm just seeing if I can try to get my first five posts in one thread. Just for the heck of it, really. I'm really itching to get into the thick of things on Mythic Scribes.

That is no worry. I sometimes don't come on for lengthy periods because I'm not home often. Other times I'm working from home so I can procrastinate on here which is nice! ;)

If you want to get to know people, come online around the weekend because sometimes little chats pop up! If you haven't already :) Oh, and the fun threads in the Chat section are also good for a laugh.