• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

You are lost in a Fantasy world! XD

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hi everyone, this is a new game for Mythic Scribes.

The idea is to imagine that one day you open your wardrobe, and suddenly... Susprise! You are transported straight to a Fantasy world just like it happened in the Narnia story.

You have to choose which Fantasy world you would travel to. It cannot be a world from one of your stories, and also it must be a world either from a known book, series of books or from a movie. The only rule is that you are stuck there forever, there is no way to come back...

Please play the game by answering:

1- Which world is it where you are lost?
2- Exactly where have you showed up in that world right after crossing the gateway?
3- What are you going to do in order to survive there?

Have fun!

I'll reply to this game later tonight, but I am already looking forward to see what the answers will be from other people in Mythic Scribes.

Noma Galway

Archmage
1. Just my luck, I got lost in Westeros.
2. And not even a safe-ish part of Westeros. Here I am Beyond The Wall.
3. Hmm...I wonder if I can survive if I look for a wildling camp?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
1. Aw, man… I'm in Westeros, too!

2. Oh, lovely. I'm in a gross swampy area full of hanging bodies.

3. Remain unseen. Then I can die of starvation instead of hanging.

Last edited:

Tom

Istar
1. I ended up in Eddis, a country in Megan Whalen Turner's Queen's Thief series.
2. I think I'm in the Sea of Olives...it's hard to see through all the trees.
3. I'll take up work as a thief, of course. It's well-known that the Queen of Eddis has a soft spot for thieves, her cousin being one, and Eugenides, the god of thieves, is a prominent member of the Eddisian pantheon.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
  1. Dros Delnoch [gateway to the Drenai Empire, just as the Nadir attack]
  2. Wall Six, called Geddon or Death [things aren't going well for the Drenai]
  3. Swing an axe or draw a bow [and keep going until there is an end, one way or another...]

I'm going through a bit of a martial phase...

1. I'm stuck in Middle Earth. Oh well. This place is cool.
2. I'm in Mirkwood Forest. Have to look out for those spiders. :(
3. A way out of here!!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Thanks for your answers, this is getting fun!

I did not have to think much to decide which Fantasy world I would get lost into, because I knew it straight away the moment when I got the idea to start this imagination game.

Here I go!

1- I am in the beautiful world of the In Between, an Afterlife realm seen in the movie The Lovely Bones. This is the perfect place to get lost, I absolutely love it!

2- When I look around, I discover that I have showed up at the Corn field where the tree stands. It's a nice sunny day, there is a soft wind coming from the mountains and I can see the impossibly green hills in the distance. I explore the field, and then I go to play in the forests nearby.

3- There is no need to survive in the In Between, because it means that I am dead already and now I can imagine and enjoy a perfect world of my own =)

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
I loved that book! I read it in three days while on vacation in the Adirondack Mountains (the cabin our family always rents has a copy of it). It's stayed with me ever since.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hi Tom, so you have read The Lovely Bones.

I have never read the book, but it's on my list. I love the movie version of the story, I think it's very beautiful and intense even though most fans of the book have disliked it a lot... Have you seen it? I have heard that the In Between world from the movie is nothing like the book, but I am curious to read it anyway.

The In Between portrays what would be the advantages and also the disadvantages of living in a dreams world, which is a concept that I find truly fascinating...

Ryan_Crown

Troubadour
1. Krynn (from the Dragonlance novels)
2. Outside the Inn of the Last Home
3. Ask for a job (so I can earn a living while I try and learn to use a sword before I attempt to go adventuring).

or (as a more light-hearted alternate) --

1. Oz
2. The Emerald City
3. Offer my services as advisor to Princess Ozma.

Tom

Istar
Hi Tom, so you have read The Lovely Bones.

I have never read the book, but it's on my list. I love the movie version of the story, I think it's very beautiful and intense even though most fans of the book have disliked it a lot... Have you seen it? I have heard that the In Between world from the movie is nothing like the book, but I am curious to read it anyway.

The In Between portrays what would be the advantages and also the disadvantages of living in a dreams world, which is a concept that I find truly fascinating...

I only read the book. I actually didn't know there was a movie based on it. What drew me in was the intense, surreal style of the narrative--like Suzie is looking down on her old life in a dream. I especially liked the passages that involved her father; he was easily my favorite character. I'm not a very emotional person, and there are few books that can make me cry. This one did.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Tom, the movie version of The Lovely Bones features a very intense and surreal style of narrative too, and the portrayal and nature of the Afterlife realm is very dream-like as well.

I have read severe complaints from many fans of the book, saying that the movie changed too many things, but basically they are the same story. The acting, visuals and emotional nature and power of the movie are all superb... I still have to read the book, and I intend to get my hands on it as soon as possible.

Now, to keep playing the game:

1- It looks like my magical wardrobe has taken me to another world this time... Wait, what place is this? It's very cold, there is snow everywhere and I can see Northern Lights in the sky... That castle and village in the distance look familiar to me... Hey, this is Arendelle!

2- Looking all around me, I discover that I have showed up at the snowy path that leads from Arendelle Town up to the mountains.

3- Anna is going to show up any moment, so I'll join her and help her in the adventure =)

Addison

Auror
1. I wake up and find myself in Middle Earth.
2. I'm in Rohan by the Ent Forest.
3. I keep my head down, fight when I have to, run when I can and act as a look out for nearby villages.

(This is fun! One more.)

1. I wake up and find myself in the Enchanted Forest from Once Upon a Time.
2. I'm in the forest just a short walk from Rumpelstiltskin's castle.
3. By the look of things this is Post-Curse so he's not here. I study his magic books so I can defend myself from any Ogres, monsters, Cora or Zelena that comes.

Last edited:

Tom

Istar
I want to do another. One is not enough!

1. Somehow I have ended up in a small town called Market Chipping, in the kingdom of Ingary.
2. When I appeared here I was sitting on the edge of the fountain in the town square, but lost my balance and now I'm in the fountain.
3. The first thing to do is find some dry clothes, but after that I think I'll visit the local wizard. I don't know why all the locals seem to be afraid of him...

(Points to anyone who can guess the book which the world I'm in belongs to.)

SM-Dreamer

Troubadour
1. The Four Corners of Civilization in Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles books.
2. Somewhere in Imre in the Commonwealth
3. Head over to the University and do whatever it takes to become a student and gain access to the Archives.

Addison

Auror
Hey Tom. It sounds like one of the kingdoms in the "Adventurers Wanted" series.

1. I wake up in the "Adventurers Wanted" series world.
2. I realize I'm in the Golden Goose inn and realize that the party has just left for Slathbog's lair and pursue.
3. If I can join the party, perfect! If not I'll still follow and get some of the treasure while they take care of Slathbog.