1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Ysgard RP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Winds of Ysgard' started by Nimue, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tom

Tom Istar

Hey Nimue, if it's possible that Troia will show up later, should I do a profile for her as well?

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

It would certainly save you some trouble, that way if there's anything Nimue requests you edit, you can take care of that behind-the-scenes. My character was approved conceptually, but I had to change the name of a couple of Addy's items. Nimue also had some thoughts on her that I liked, so the approval process is quite helpful in hashing out ideas. In my case, I'm taking a character I've written (her first story is linked in my sig) and fitting her into the world of Ysgard.

As a result of our discussion, I ended up adding to my bio–though that addition was in the GM-only version of the bio.

IrethIreth, you beat me to posting an image of your character. I'll post one of Addy once I have a Roll20 version of her complete… whenever that'll be.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    Fluffypoodel and Ireth like this.
  3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Ditto on letting the GM hash out ideas with you. It helped a lot with Rikhard's backstory and religion.

4. Tom

Tom Istar

I'm probably going to post an image of my character, too, once I'm done inking and coloring it. Not looking forward to that. Oi, sometimes I hate traditional art.

5. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Yep, not necessary, but if there's anything you're worried about, or anything you want to discuss, it might be a very good idea.

You could put up a profile now or wait until you want to introduce her, either works! If you've got the inspiration, I'd like to read that :)

Yesss character art! Brilliant.

Tom likes this.
  6. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Gods of the north are up! Gods of the west (Iridhe and Caern) and east (Ettarlands and Auroe) are next, and then creatures--dragons, mostly. :B

7. Legendary Sidekick

Oh, cool. If I see a goddess of the hunt in the west, that's Addy's girl. I took "Artio" out of Addison's profile, figuring I could edit in an Ysgardian goddess if I find one that suits Addison's taste.

So far, Addison and her three best friends have followed a good goddess (chaotic good) in whatever RPG I put them in, so now that I've finally got Addison as a PC, I look forward to learning of her religion. If there isn't a hunting goddess, I'll take a careful look at the alternatives.

PS- "Smiling Gerta" is awesome! I love the personalities of the deities!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  8. Tom

Tom Istar

Is there a way to edit my post in the character profile thread? I just realized I messed up the formatting, and my window of time for editing has expired.

9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I notice the symbol you used for Adannus is different than the one I came up with for Rikhard's mother's pendant... should I change it or keep it as-is? I do like the symbol I came up with... maybe there are different symbols between the Folk and the Dun?

10. Legendary Sidekick

PM me any changes you want, and I'll edit that into the profile.

Easiest way: give me the original text + the text you want me to replace it with.

11. Tom

Tom Istar

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks!

12. Nimue

Nimue Auror

There's definitely a Caernish goddess of the hunt, although I didn't go with the Art- prefix because it's a little more latinate instead of Celtic...

Oh, shoot, I didn't see that you had added a specific symbol in your finished profile. I like that one too-- LS, could you edit my Religion post in the lore thread from "His symbol is the crescent of a shield crossed by the stave" to "His symbol is a pair of arms, interlocked in an embrace"

Ireth likes this.
  13. Legendary Sidekick

Tom and Nimue,
    Your edits have been taken care of.

@Tom, you had "both" in italics, but since the word wasn't in your write-up I assumed you meant to type that in bold. I have that phrase as "both friends and potential significant others alike." If I goofed that up (or anything else), let me know.

Nimue and Tom like this.
  14. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Thank youuuu

15. Tom

Tom Istar

No, it's perfect. The goof was mine. Thanks for doing that for me! I can't stand it when I realize I've done something wrong and can't edit it.

16. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Other gods are up, at long last! Sorry about that, I've gotten a bit distracted trying to draw my characters, because I'm not entirely sure how to describe Farrun's face yet...

Anyhow, dragons are up next! I've thought a lot about them. I may have to do a bit more thinking, however, before the other Creatures get put up, because I'm a bit low on ideas at the moment. Definitely more thinking.

17. Tom

Tom Istar

I just finished inking a picture of Einan and Troia, and am going to finish it off with watercolors. Should have it done by next week! (Do you know how much I hate watercolors? They're a pain.)

Anyway...I'll PM you Troia's profile when I finish it off. Still working on her personal history.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Updated Addy's profile to include the name of her red-haired goddess.

19. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I finished...well, I finished the sketches for my character pictures, I'll definitely have to color and paint them. But that's what I've been up to instead of useful things like character profiles and dragon lore. :p Time to take a break and go do those useful things!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Guess who's more fun to hang out with.

Tom, Ireth and Legendary Sidekick like this.
  20. Legendary Sidekick

The elf reminds me of Shaw from Person of Interest. Maybe a combination of the facial expression and how the hair falls? I'm not sure, but anyway, those are awesome.