1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Ysgard RP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Winds of Ysgard' started by Nimue, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tom

Tom Istar

Nim, why does your artwork have to be so flippin' awesome? I'm in the home stretch with my picture--I should have it uploaded next week.

Hey, would it make sense for Einan to have a pathological fear of wolves? I’m not sure how elven memory works—would they experience infantile amnesia like we do? Anyway, he was close to a year old when the wolves attacked, so even if he doesn't remember it, it's probably made an impression on his subconscious. I think it would be interesting for the group to have a brief run-in with a pack of wolves—or even just hear them howling in the distance—and see Einan’s reaction.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

This is why I cheat and use dollmakers. XDDD Can't draw worth beans.

3. Tom

Tom Istar

I use the LotR and GoT settings on the Azalea's Dolls site when I'm feeling too lazy to come up with costume designs of my own. XD

Ireth likes this.
  4. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I made Rikhard's profile picture with the LOTR maker. Also made a future character and a couple of NPCs, which I forgot to save before my computer restarted itself to install updates. >_< Oh well. It's not that hard to remake them.

5. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I'll take that as a good thing, because she is purdy.

I've got no preconceptions about elf-baby memories, but I say, why not! Elvesss *wiggles fingers*

Is your painting going to be just Einan or both him and Troia? Can't wait to see it!

Everyone with characters has got to love dollmakers! And ugh, costume design. So hard D: There's a reason I haven't put clothes on those portraits yet, and that's because I am lazy...

Tom likes this.
  6. Tom

Tom Istar

Don't you mean Elveses? (Little bro's recently been greeting me by screaming "SMMEEAAGGOLLL!" and throwing himself at me, so I've had Gollum on my mind, lol.)

Yeah, the picture's of both of them. It's a little sentimental for me, especially considering what I usually draw, but I like it well enough. It should be perfect for Valentine's Day. :)

7. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

And there's another reason: fictional characters look good naked.

As I always say, "If I can't look good naked, I'll draw someone who does."

Actually, I've never said that. And I don't think I'll ever say that again.

8. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

I would make a picture of Bendalitz, if I didn't suck at drawing.

9. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Dragon lore is up! I think that's the last of the absolutely essential lore--I may be thinking of other critters for a while here.

The RP story thread starts next Sunday! Hold on to yer socks. Last call for people to get bios up--including me. I'm stubbornly trying to get a portrait of Farrun done before I write him up, but I'm having trouble with his squishy cheeks, so I'll probably just have to start writing.

Tom, Ireth and Legendary Sidekick like this.
  10. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Do I have to put up the bio of my future character if he's not going to be in the game for a while and I kinda want to keep his identity secret? :3

11. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Ohoho! You don't have to put up a bio until you're planning on introducing the character in-story, but I sure wouldn't mind reading the bio in a pm. (And if you do want to post his bio now, you can always edit out all the secretive parts!)

Ireth likes this.
  12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

PM sent. :D

13. Tom

Tom Istar

Hey, I have some people for you. I was too lazy busy with homework to color the picture of Einan and Troia together, so I whipped up some quick pencil portraits.

Einan looks like Dean Winchester with pointy ears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and I also have Troia's bio finished. I'll PM it to you, Nim, so you can give it the GM stamp of approval. I also have a wild idea for you to shoot down! Trust me, it's kind of weird and probably violates the rules of the storyworld.

Nimue and Ireth like this.
  14. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Aaaahhh awesome! Troia's eyebrows and eyelashes are so pretty.

I also see that you have joined the "too lazy to draw clothes" club xD

Tom likes this.
  15. Legendary Sidekick

I like this club! Time to draw Addison!

Oh, wait… I tend to do full body illustrations. I better just join the "drawing my character" club and leave it at that.

16. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Yes, this is a strictly disembodied club! :p

17. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

Hi, I'm sort of new (although I've been lurking around for a while) and was wondering if I could jump in. I've only really been involved in two RPs before (both played by email) and both burned out early. I've already got a pretty solid idea for a character, albeit a bit of a dark one, and it'd be great to write something played more by ear as I tend to be a bit of a planner.

Nimue likes this.
  18. Legendary Sidekick

While I'm not the one running the game, take a look at the words of Nimue, who is running the game:
    That sounds like an open invitation to me, but one with a deadline. I would encourage you to write the character bio and PM Nimue. If she approves, I look forward to RP'ing with you. And welcome to the site!

Nimue likes this.
  19. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Hallo and welcome!! I, too, have been the person who lurks around a forum for a while and then gives into the inevitable, heh. Here's hoping for a fun time all around. I'll go and take a look at your character, then!

Ireth likes this.
  20. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

Lore question: Is it possible for a person to be attached to multiple dragons?