1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Ysgard RP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Winds of Ysgard' started by Nimue, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I'd say no, only a dragon could hold multiple bonds to other dragons--and it would have to be a very strong dragon, like the matriarch of a dragonflight. Just a matter of power capabilities.

2. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

I see, and is this common knowledge? Basically, how much does your average person actually know about the nature of dragons?

3. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I think the layman's knowledge would be limited to "dragons have dragonriders, and there could be wild dragons". Most would know that dragons can have powers besides fiery breath. I doubt most would know about wild dragonflights, as that would have been ancient history. Any particular plot point you're sussing out?

4. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

Perhaps... I'll PM the details.

5. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

... Or I would if your PM quota wasn't full.

6. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Whoops, did not notice that. Should be some room now--I'll clean it out when I'm off my phone.

7. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Okay, I apologize for the length of that bio, but Farrun is up! I also thought it would be more useful to hear about the course of the rebellion and what went down, but apparently we don't need that...

Thoros will be up tonight or tomorrow morning, and I will do my absolute best to post the opening for the story thread by tomorrow night, but I have some social obligations and I didn't expect bio-writing to take this long, so it might not be a guarantee. :/

Tom and Ireth like this.
  8. Tom

Tom Istar

Is there a map of Ysgard somewhere in the near future?

9. Nimue

Nimue Auror

It should be! ...How near a future, though, I wonder. Starting the rp has precedence and I rather want to finish my character portraits first. Maybe a barebones sketch rather than a full lovely map is in the near future.

10. Tom

Tom Istar

I'm fine with a bare-bones sketch! That's how most of my maps still look. The ones I did finish nicely are now outdated--go figure.

And I can't wait to see Sae and Farrun's portraits! Farrun's bio is excellent...I'm out of Thanks, unfortunately, but I just wanted to let you know that it is amazing. You went above and beyond, and I really love the details that you put in. The physical description is particularly good.

Nimue likes this.
  11. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I had enough time to write exactly one thing today, and I figured it had better be the opening of the rp, before Thoros's bio. Poor guy will have to wait. I don't know if it's any good, but it's up...

This first round of posting will be a good time to establish where your character is in the crowd, why they're there, etc. I would ask, though, that everyone's characters are in the crowd somewhere. We don't want to go around proving old druids wrong, after all. Let me know if you have any questions or need any further prompts!

12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Woo! I'm doing some tabletop RPing tonight, but I'll try to get a response/intro in soon. ^^

13. Tom

Tom Istar

Um, is tomorrow morning okay? I'm wrapped up with some homework tonight.

14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Managed to get a post in. Now it's bedtime. ^^ Looking forward to playing with everyone soon!

Nimue likes this.
  15. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Yes, absolutely, no need to post at midnight just because it took me that long to put it up. ^^;;

16. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Awesome! I'll need to post later as I have parent meetings today (yay). Addison is the only woman in the game so far, isn't she? (I know some players have a second character who is a woman, but I mean those who are in the current scene.)

EDIT - Of course, I'm referring to PCs. Addison clearly sees she's not the only woman in the room.

EDIT 2 - Forget Thanks bullets. Nimue gets the Thanks Nuke for starting the game. My Thanks Nuke brought her rep points from 876 to 999. So I had to use a Thanks bullet as well and push her over the 1000 mark. I'm really looking forward to posting, and if not for needing my prep time for my actual job, I'd have an Addy post up by now.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Nimue likes this.
  17. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

Well, mine's up at... 2:00 AM. Is there an insomnia prize, or something?

Mine ran a bit long but that's mostly because I wanted to get past him saying goodbye to his old life right off the bat... and the teasing. Good thing Aster's running off to the front lines because otherwise half my posts would just be those two pulling each others hair.

Nimue likes this.
  18. Tom

Tom Istar

I love the back-and-forth between Aster and Loke. Sometimes writing realistic character interactions is hard, but you've got it down pat!

19. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I managed to get mine in, since parents were no-shows. Hopefully, no one else talked to Farrun, since I wrote on Word then posted and found more posts ahead of mine. Gotta eat and teach, then I'll read Tom's and DM's posts. (Read Ireth's last night.)

20. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

Bendalitz's (<-- possibly one of the more awkward words to say out loud) is up. And if I'm not mistaken that makes everyone.