1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Ysgard RP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Winds of Ysgard' started by Nimue, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tom

Tom Istar

By the way, Ari is supposed to resemble a Siberian husky. I've always loved this breed, and for a long time I've been trying to fit one into a story. His personality is based on my own dog, so he might come off as a little more golden retriever-ish than husky-ish.

Ireth likes this.
  2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Given he was described as a sled dog, I envisioned him as a husky from the start. :D They're gorgeous animals.

3. Tom

Tom Istar

I want a husky so bad. Large breeds are really the only option I consider whenever I think about getting a new dog. They somehow seem more personable than the small breeds. Every chihuahua I've ever met I've wanted to kick across the room.

4. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

My sister owns a purebred German Shepherd, and my mom has a Shepherd crossbreed. We're not sure what the other part of the cross is, but darned if she isn't adorable. ^^

5. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

I'm calling now, the dog saves the world.

'And so the heroes learned that their destiny was not to become dragonriders--although they certainly did that as an incidental part--but to protect and nurture Ari, the sled dog, who would become the greatest hero the world would ever know! And that's why, when we speak of great fortitude and determination, we describe the person as 'dogged.' Now who wants to pet the saviour! Here, give him these treats!'

Tom likes this.
  6. Tom

Tom Istar

@Ireth: German shepherdsssssss.....I've always wanted one of those, too. Damn, I'm gonna have a zoo on my hands if I ever get enough money.

My dog is a golden retriever-Pyrenees mountain dog hybrid. He's beautiful--solid black (surprising, what with one parent being gold and the other white) with white points--and he looks and acts like a golden.

@DMThaane: Lol. I'm glad Ari is a hit! He was a last-minute addition. I just couldn't resist putting a dog in there, after stating that Troia's a sled dog trainer by profession.

7. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I got ninja'd so many times. I think my posts make sense now. Addison's trying to make nice with everyone, even Loke, and is just sort of assuming the dog responds to her thoughts. She'll ask the old druid about it later. When she "called" the dog, she was testing her ability. I didn't intend for that to happen so early in-game, but… there's a dog. Why wouldn't she try?

8. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I'm a little confused as to where everyone is at the moment--can I safely assume that they've all moseyed up to the front where Loke and Bendalitz are, in my next post?

9. Legendary Sidekick

Sounds good to me.

10. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

I had Loke moving down to join them in the crowd but its probably best to get everyone together.

11. Legendary Sidekick

I saw Addy and those around her as walking while talking, as Eamon's leading her so she won't stop unless he wants her to. It seems Bendalitz, Loke, the group that includes every other PC were already in close proximity, and Eamon's moving the group closer to Bendalitz. I see Loke as in the middle, and if he needs to move, it makes sense the crowd would clear a path. I think it would make sense for anyone to be able to talk to anyone.

12. Tom

Tom Istar

Hey, DMThaane, is Loke pronounced literally "Loke", rhyming with "coke", or is it more like "Lokay" or "Loki"? I keep pronouncing it "Loki" in my head.

13. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I read it as "lokay", myself. ^^

14. Gryphos

Gryphos Auror

I read it as 'Loek'

15. Nimue

Nimue Auror

I was assuming a Loki pronunciation...

Goodness, you guys post fast. Makes me think I should be writing posts on my lunch break!

16. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Okay, I swear I'm done herding everyone around for a while! Time to talk ^^

17. DMThaane

DMThaane Sage

Loke is actually pronounced something like loo-keh, at least, according to the pronunciation I found on Forvo.

Also, hope no one minds me mentioning a feast but I figured the Wolf Queen would look like a poor host if she hadn't had something prepared and we'd all be feeding our characters whatever came to mind anyway.

Ireth likes this.
  18. Nimue

Nimue Auror

Heh, that's okay by me, I was going to describe the servants bringing in the food but LS beat me to it by giving Addy something to eat. It would certainly be fine food, and more than they needed.

19. Legendary Sidekick

I didn't realize I was the first to post food. I think there was enough in the GM narrative to imply it was on its way.

Though we're all narrating our parts (and sometimes in a "jump-cut" fashion, which can't be helped when multiple conversations take place), I get a very vivid picture of the whole scene. I'm enjoying every part of the narrative, including the part that grossed out my character--or more likely, gave her a "what the hell--not again!" reaction, as I'm sure Loke isn't the first guy to take a leak within ten feet of her.

20. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Heh. Rikhard is similarly disgusted, but LS beat me to reacting to it. XD And the conversation's moved on. Oh well.