• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Myths Inscribed

Hello there,

I've just returned to Mythic Scribes after a period of absence. A few years ago I really enjoyed reading the Myths Inscribed E-zine and contributed a couple of poems. I notice that there hasn't been a new issue since 2014. I'm just wondering why that is and whether there is any hope of new issues being published in the future?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Hello there,

I've just returned to Mythic Scribes after a period of absence. A few years ago I really enjoyed reading the Myths Inscribed E-zine and contributed a couple of poems. I notice that there hasn't been a new issue since 2014. I'm just wondering why that is and whether there is any hope of new issues being published in the future?

I like the idea as well. I think the difficulty is (and has been) getting a consistent team around it. I'm the editor of a monthly legal journal. It's quite small, but still takes quite a bit of time every month. Myths Inscribed would require quite a bit of a commitment from multiple people to really make it work. The website is soon to be revamped, and maybe the idea will be considered again at that point.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
When the website is upgraded to the latest and best software (which is currently in progress), we will see if we can find put together a team to relaunch Myths Inscribed. I have some ideas as to how to make the task significantly less time consuming going forward.

I like the idea as well. I think the difficulty is (and has been) getting a consistent team around it. I'm the editor of a monthly legal journal. It's quite small, but still takes quite a bit of time every month. Myths Inscribed would require quite a bit of a commitment from multiple people to really make it work. The website is soon to be revamped, and maybe the idea will be considered again at that point.

I totally understand. I've worked as an editor on A Beautiful Resistance - A Beautiful Resistance, #2 ? GODS & RADICALS - the journal of Gods & Radicals and understand how much work there is reading submissions, choosing pieces and the order they go in, editing, and proofreading, as well as communicating with all the authors who submit work.

If the idea is considered again I'd be willing to help out if you needed an extra person.

When the website is upgraded to the latest and best software (which is currently in progress), we will see if we can find put together a team to relaunch Myths Inscribed. I have some ideas as to how to make the task significantly less time consuming going forward.

That's good news :) As mentioned to Steerpike, as someone with editing experience, I'd be happy to help out if an extra person was needed.