• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Birthday Thread

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Great thread, Myrddin!! Congratulations Legendary Sidekick and Benjamin =) It was my birthday a week ago December 16th, I just turned 30 and it feels great...

Reaver

Staff
Happy birthday legendary one!!!
:d
a belated happy birthday to benjamin borne of clay and to sheilawize!:d

may you live as long as you want, but never want as long as you live!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
My older daughter turned four today, and she did not want the day to end. She cried, and I said to her, "Don't cry. Don't you want to remember this day as a happy birthday?"

She whined, "No, I don't want a happy birthday. I want a sad-py birthday."

I heard her right, but replied, "A sappy birthday? Okay... how's this: life is like a rainbow, but with more colors."

It was the sappiest thing I could come up with on short notice. I still don't know what the hell that would even mean, but it cheered her up. Didn't get her to sleep any faster, since I had to define "sappy" for her. (sweet + happy = sappy) The crying stopped, so from a dad's point-of-view, I succeeded.

Well, the day will be over in a minute, but I want to close this post with a special birthday wish to those who share this occasion with my first-born:

Sappy Birthday, everyone! May the waitresses at TGI Friday's sing the regular birthday song!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Congratulations for your little daughter, Legendary Sidekick!! It sounds to me like you are a very sweet Dad, she is lucky to have you =) I understand her feelings about the day coming to an end, I like celebrating my birthday big time and then I don't want it to end, but anyway it's one day and that's why it's a birthDAY... Today is her post-birthday then, a little treat or an additional present for the post-birthday girl would cheer her up even more =)

There are so many people out there hating their December birthdays, it's good that she likes her day!!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
She loves her day!

But she did NOT love the TGI Friday's twist on the Happy Birthday song. At least she thanked the waitresses and complained about it later at home.