• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Life

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Not sure what you are after here, but I think the easiest way to find and become part of a meaningful relationship is to do things that interest you with other people who are also interested. Make friends, and share. Some will be lifelong, some not. Some will be the best ever.

Not sure what you are after here, but I think the easiest way to find and become part of a meaningful relationship is to do things that interest you with other people who are also interested. Make friends, and share. Some will be lifelong, some not. Some will be the best ever.

That helps lol, I think I'm getting at... I want to go into the Naval Academy. I'm already a tad bit weird socially speaking, and I live in a very socially adept town with not lots of options for friends/girlfriends. I guess my issue is should I just wait till I'm in our past the military? Or is there a way to have a meaningful relationship while I'm this busy? (I barely hang out with the few friends I have and I rarely have time for dates)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say just give it time and not be too worried if you find you are focusing on your education and career, spending time on these things. You'll meet plenty of people on the way from here to there. Just be open to these people and encounters and not turn immediately aside. The world is crawling with people, heh, and opportunities for friendship abound.

"Meaningful relationship" is such a bugbear conceptually, anyway. When I was younger, I focused more on that than education and career for awhile, and it turns out (I came to learn) that part of the meaningfulness is having friends and relationships which naturally fit into the other important things you are doing with your life.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Wow, if only such questions were so easy?

Follow your heart man. If there are nice people you want to get to know better, go for it. If they don't work out, life will take care of that on its own. If something is throwing up red flags, listen to them. When you meet the right people, it will all just work out on its own. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Just be open, be honest, and let good things happen.