• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your league of extraordinary Gentlemen?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Just as the title says. If you can pick any fictional group of characters to have adventures with, who would they be? Try to limit the options to around 4 or 5.

For me it would be:

1. Decimus Maximus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, protaginist of Banten's favourite film. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. Role: Brawn with a heart

2. Smiling Jack. Nonchalantly immortal vampire/pirate/biker voiced in VTMB by the same man who voiced Futurama's Bender. Role: Brawn with humor

3. Robert House. President, CEO, and sole proprietor of the New Vegas Strip. He probably wouldn't be good in a fight himself, but an army of robots and the brain of a slightly mad genius can overcome that minor flaw. How could I not have the technocratic dictator version of Howard Hughes on my side? Role: True extraordinair

4. Samwise Gamgee. Best sidekick ever. Loyal to a fault, capable of critical thinking, willing to risk his own life and he can also do some gardening. Role: Being wonderful

La Volpe

Sage
First, a quick aside: Loved that movie (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

My list would be hundreds long, but if I had to pare it down (and avoiding people that a) I would hate spending a lot of time with and b) have overly powerful abilities (thus making the point of a team moot)), it would be something like this:
1) Wayne from Sanderson's Wax and Wayne series. Clever, fun, has useful abilities, and is unparalleled at disguises.
2) Dante from the Devil May Cry video game series. Fun, courageous, and very brute force.
3) Soren from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Smart and good at strategy, and can deal magical damage.
4) Linderman from Heroes. Smart, and can heal people.
5) Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. Charismatic, good with technology, and strong enough that he can keep the others in line (to an extent).

That's it, I think.

Reactions: Ban

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I was thinking of going with The Endless, but they're seven - or one, depending on how you count. I spent some time thinking about it and tried to come up with a few others, and then I accidentally left the page and lost the post. So, without further thinking here's the list:

Dream, Death, Harry Dresden, Kitty Norville.

I'm lacking someone, but who it is eludes me.